Australian Dollar at a two year low

R@ndom

Enlightened
Hey fellow aussies cheer up at least the big mac index(google it) shows its relatively cheap to live here.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Hey fellow aussies cheer up at least the big mac index(google it) shows its relatively cheap to live here.
Seems to me that the prices in the supermarket are constantly on the rise.
:shrug:
Norm

lukestephens777

Enlightened
I've still got my fingers crossed that the dollar will start improving. I was purchasing lights at nearly dollar for dollar last year, that was nice...

Just checked today, 1 AUD = 64.9c US.

Those expensive custom lights, are now almost twice as pricey... I was looking forward to a Lunsaol... :mecry:

steve6690

Enlightened
It's hurting my light projects too. Not so long ago you got 2 USD to the pound sterling. It hit 1.35 last week and is recovering slowly but still only around 1.43. I just ordered over $400 worth of lamp housings from the US for some dive light projects so the difference is noticeable. I just ordered a Cree MC-E M bin from Cutter as it's cheaper now than from KD.

R@ndom

Enlightened
Ahh deposited some money into my paypal with the intention of buying a e01 from fenixstore then the exchange rate droped and i'm 25 cents short! Grrrrrrr

Glen C

Enlightened
It really is tough to buy anything from overseas at the moment, hit .63 cents this week, as everyone said our economy isn't as bad as the US but our exchange rate has suffered worse. I think the idea of sticking with mods for a little while is good, with luck our dollar may go up later in the year

Glen C

Enlightened
AP, to the best of my knowledge (though delighted to be proved wrong!) there are no flashlights being made any more in commercial quantities in Australia. Being based close to Asia we find we export minerals to our biggest trading partner (China) then buy them back as finished goods. This is mainly due to the lower labour costs are the very small economies of scale. Australia is large but with only 20 million inhabitants doesn't have any economies of scale.