Automatic knives, valid for use?

haha. Best reply yet to such a silly topic.
Electric toothbrushes clean better. Automatic knives perform better.
The number of toothpaste options is really mindblowing. It takes a good 30 minutes to pick out a tube of toothpaste.
LMAO. please tell us more, lol

The state law isn't bad but you nailed it with Denver and Boulder having their own laws. I don't live within the limits of either but I am in the Metro and it all runs together to some extent. I am not sure if all the Metro cities besides Denver go with just the state law either so I would rather not fool with it for now. On the plus side the Spyderco store is within 25 minutes,then again maybe that isn't such a good thing.......lol
Here in nyc untill recently, any folding knife was considered a gravity knife, and was illegal, i know public defendant, who says she had dozens of cases of people arrested for carrying a folding utility knife, a utility knife that vast majority of tradesmen's use, got them arrested, on a train, on the street, standing in line to get their launch...... when nypd saw a clip on a pocket, you get stopped and searched. prosecutors asked for 1 year in prison for everyone caught with a folding knife, even if you had a clean record,
Right now there is no more prosecution for gravity knives, but auto knives are still illegal, among many other types of knives.

After reading this thread some months back, I decided to look into a folding auto. I found a SOG TAC Ca Special with the drop-point blade. It looks a bit odd, but part of that is the full sized handle. It looks like you could remove the 1.9 inch long blade and substitute a 3 inch blade. The spine of the blade is full sized, just shorter than normal. The edge comes to a nice sharp tip, great for scoring packaging tape and other coverings. All that for just $99.

I've been carrying the SOG in my sweats pocket when I'm not going out anywhere. It's lightweight and I barely notice that it's there. I find that I'm not comfortable with the knife in my front pocket unless it's locked.

The need to unlock it makes it less "auto" than my assisted knives. I have to get it in the right position to unlock it whithout winding up with my hand in the way of the blade. The short blade makes it a little more hazardous when you press the blade against your thigh to close it. You only have 2 inches from sharp pointy tip to the pivot, and I've left a small slit in the pants fabric from closing it like I would my full sized blades.

I don't think I'll but another auto until I leave Calif. They are neat gadgets, but not significantly better than my assisted knives.

I have many choices but EDC a Benchmade Phaeton OTF. I prefer it's size and action to my other Benchmades, Microtechs, Boker, etc. If I carry a larger OTF it's usually a Guardian Recon.

Reactions: DRW
On me now. Love the one handed closing.

Attachments

• FC1952C5-7D13-4C33-9357-27B119F68A2F.jpeg
    FC1952C5-7D13-4C33-9357-27B119F68A2F.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 156
I've personally never really understood why anyone would feel the need for a switchblade, and assisted opener, or even a flipper. Both of my 20+ year old Gerber AirFrames have none of these things, yet still open easily with a flick of my wrist.
I've personally never really understood why anyone would feel the need for a manual opener, and assisted opener, or even a flipper. All of my 20+ year old Benchmade Autos are none of these things, yet still open easily with a push of a button.

Hey you, get off my lawn!;)

More pictures! :poke: More pictures!:poke: More pictures!

I've got this on the way

_nc_ohc=k5gcqjofdhEAX_t085C&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg

_nc_ohc=u244M-_Q3lwAX9s_UdX&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg

Black handle Troodon D/E Serrated with Apocalyptic blade and hardware. Really want one with a blue handle and satin or stonewashed blade/hardware but they must be made of unobtanium, this one will hold me over until I find one. Hopefully at Blade Show this year I'll find one.

I've got this on the way
Black handle Troodon D/E Serrated with Apocalyptic blade and hardware. Really want one with a blue handle and satin or stonewashed blade/hardware but they must be made of unobtanium, this one will hold me over until I find one. Hopefully at Blade Show this year I'll find one.

Very nice! Great L@@King knife and I love the fasteners .... don't know how to properly refer to them, screws, bolts ???

Does the knife come equipped with the tool, or is it purchased separately?

Tool is sold separately. MT originally didn't want people messing with them for warranty purposes, that was the reason for the special heads. They then figured that if they make the tool and make it out of titanium that MT fanboys will pay HANDSOMELY for them lol.

Little did they know that others will also make the tool but sell them at a fraction of the price. :ROFLMAO:

Tool is sold separately. MT originally didn't want people messing with them for warranty purposes, that was the reason for the special heads. They then figured that if they make the tool and make it out of titanium that MT fanboys will pay HANDSOMELY for them lol.

Little did they know that others will also make the tool but sell them at a fraction of the price. :ROFLMAO:

$300 for a tool kit?! At that price, I'd rather buy another knife if a screw comes loose on a Microtech.