AW RCR123a edc options??

Illum

Flashaholic
SureFire E1e with a Lumens Factory HO-E1R + AWRCR123. By far, my favorite EDC.

HO-E1Rs a nice lamp!

If you can, snag a KL4 head from BST [someones selling the KL4A for $95] and make yourself a up to date version of the classic TW4 with a E1e body
Runtimes closer to 20 minutes though:eek:

To date I still use a RCR123a in my LuxV KL4-TW4 and its still awesome...but it wont last over 20 minutes

Last edited:

mdocod

Flashaholic
Eagletac, jetbeam, nitecore, lumapower,

they all make really decent stuff and I'm sure you'll enjoy any of them.

IMO, pick the interface and styling/clip/look you like amongst these.

If I had to choose it would probably be an eagletac because I absolutely love their idea on interface. Simple 2 mode via bezel twist most of their models. The modes are IMO properly positioned such that the low strikes a good balance of runtime and output for all normal tasks, while high is balls to the wall brightest possible for the emitter used with solid regulation for showing off or getting serious. Strobes and complicated multi-mode or continuously variable complications are not for me. I think Eagletac recognized a lack of simple elegant 2 mode lights in the market and acted on it and they are growing as a result.

-Eric

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
HO-E1Rs a nice lamp!

If you can, snag a KL4 head from BST [someones selling the KL4A for $95] and make yourself a up to date version of the classic TW4 with a E1e body
Runtimes closer to 20 minutes though:eek:

To date I still use a RCR123a in my LuxV KL4-TW4 and its still awesome...but it wont last over 20 minutes
The TW4 is an awesome setup! But today I'm much more pleased with the superior color rendering of these great Lumens Factory lamp assemblies, the throw is not too shabby either... Just try the EO-E1R, or the HO-E1A for longer runtime (a full hour on a single CR123). Best backup incan for the outdoors, hands down! (Heck, it is even great as your primary light).

Anyone with an E1e/E2e should definitely try these Lumens Factory lamp assemblies.