Battery Charger questions: Recondition/ Discharging- same?

Gab

Newly Enlightened
I am looking to purchase an inexpensive battery charger for eneloops and sanyo 2700 mah nimhs and was wondering what is an easy to use, possibly automatic charger to those. After spending an hour or so reading many posts about the different battery chargers choices , I am now more confused. I just need one that is simple and easy to use. The features I would like is 1. For AA and AAA....2. Automatic?? ....very user friendly. 3. Dual Voltage.. What is the difference between a refresh /recondition button and a discharge button? Are the two essentially the same? Thanks so much

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
there Exists chargers that will discharge and HOLD, stop after a discharge, that 9000 will do that, good for getting a fair idea of battery capacity, with or without a charge being applied.

Most "discharges" on chargers, specially cheap ones, will discharge then recharge right after. doing only 1 "cycle"

a single discharge and recharge could be concidered a "refresh" some chargers will call a single cycle a refresh.
SOME chargers like the higher priced ones, will discharge and recharge a battery MULTIPLE times, and call that "refresh" or "recondition".

all the terms are almost the same thing, depending on how the charger applies it, and how marketing sell it.

Last edited:

Gab

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for taking time to respond, I appreciate it. I have been checking every couple of hours to see if anyone responded as I have to make a decision very quickly. Thanks for your explanation. I was looking at two battery rechargers one stated having a refresh button, while the other has a discharge button. Since both are essentially the same, as I guess it does not matter which one I get. Thanks so much

Latest posts