Bay Area CPF BBQ and Flashapalooza - June 17th

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Summertime bay area CPF light showdown and BBQ - June 17th

I just sent out a PM to 44 mailboxes notifying them of the 2006 CPF Summer Flashapalooza! :)

The following PM's were bounced back so if anyone can get the word out to these people, I'm sure they would appreciate it.

1. sicarius
2. ennerv
3. not_regulated
4. harryn,
5. edakoppo
6. jpeg
7. McGizmo
8. gimmejr

:party:

CLHC

Flashaholic

Whoa! That's three (3) weeks from now. Looking forward to it!

I think it unnerv and not ennerv. :thinking: If I remember correctly, he's been distracted with AEGs lately.

There's also igabo, cqbdude and cnee

igabo

Enlightened

So, are time place and date for sure as of now?

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast

igabo said:
So, are time place and date for sure as of now?
Unless there is some unforeseen obstacle this is probably going to be it. I'll be reserving our area this week when I check out the sites in person.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast

270winchester said:
I'll be there!!!

What should we bring beyond lights? Are we gonna be eating too? I'll be happy to bring some food items.....
I'm planning on hosting steaks, and if anyone would like to bring fixings and such we could start a list.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll bring Jim's Famous Beans. If we have actual campsites reserved, what is the possibility for those that actually want to camp overnight to do so.

knifebright

Enlightened

damn foiled again by out of town plans.. I'm going to miss this one as well cause i'll be in boston that week for a wedding. Jim maybe you can "loan" me your usl and i can participate by shinning it from boston.
jimmy

SheDevil

Newly Enlightened

Man every time LowBat plans something I get to cook. LOL I'll be there!!!!
Dessert, dessert and dessert.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast

JimH said:
I'll bring Jim's Famous Beans. If we have actual campsites reserved, what is the possibility for those that actually want to camp overnight to do so.
Those are great beans! You brought them to the CPF trip to Big Basin and I'm sure they'll be a hit at Grant Ranch. I put that on the list in post #1.

I don't see a problem for those that want to spend the night in one of the campsites. It also makes sense for those traveling a long ways or for those that drank over the legal limit. I'll start a list for those that want to spend the night.

EDIT: If anyone coming has some special light or a real barn burner, please post it and I'll add it to the list in post #1.

Last edited:

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
For lights, a few of what I'll bring are Costco HID, Chris Mac 1D 10w HID, Fivemega/Chris Mac fat 1D 10w HID, variety of camping lights and lanterns including bright full spectrum LED reading light.

CLHC

Flashaholic
I think I'll bring the CostcoHID and MagHID also. Too bad I will not be having the SureFire Beast II in time for this "flashapalooza!"

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
CHC said:
I think I'll bring the CostcoHID and MagHID also. Too bad I will not be having the SureFire Beast II in time for this "flashapalooza!"
You're actually going to get it!! I didn't realize that. WOW! Super BTFO!

dduane

Newly Enlightened
As usual, I maybe late. Maybe I can bring dessert. Will we see DRACO or Le Beau that night? If the roads are twisty I might take longer, as I'm addicted to quick but measured driving and lights!!! Anyone coming from Alameda/ Oakland/Berkeley and want to get a ride (Dramamine offered)? PM me.
Duane

Last edited:

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
dduane said:
As usual, I maybe late. Maybe I can bring dessert. Will we see DRACO or Le Beau that night? If the roads are too twisty I might take longer, as I'm addicted to twisties and lights!!! Anyone coming from Alameda/ Oakland/Berkeley and want to get a ride (Dramamine offered). Duane
LOL, ya Duane, that Lotus of yours is pretty tossable! I'd want a ride if I was coming from up there :)

dduane

Newly Enlightened
:rant:
CroMAGnet said:
LOL, ya Duane, that Lotus of yours is pretty tossable! I'd want a ride if I was coming from up there :)[/QUOTE

Let's trade. I play with your lights and you play with the Elise. Seriously, I can pick you up on the way down to the autocrosses at Marina Airfield, old Ft Ord. I go once a month and I can take a guest driver also. You can bring the Porsche. Others run their station wagons- Sub WRX, Volvo Turbos, MB turbos, etc. It's fun , safe, cheap and you can only kill traffic cones! Let me know. Anyone else with a fun car (I was beaten by experienced drivers of CRXs, Miatas, Sentras on my first time out) is welcomed also!

Last edited:

SteveStephens

Newly Enlightened
Flashlights, an Elise, camping, food...how can I resist. A newbie of sorts here who might be coming to your flashapalooza. I would likely camp over as I have a race to run in Woodminster Park in Oakland the next morning and could go directly there. Will have to let you all know but hope you can leave a spot for me- I won't leave it until the end to let you know. Duane, would love to talk to you about your Elise; I am building a Caterham Superlight w/SVT Zetec.

Steve

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok I've updated post #1 with attendance and light information. If anyone notices an error please let me know.

I've also added more categories for lights. If you tell me what all you're bringing I'll add it to the appropriate list. If you include a URL link I'll post it too.

Last edited:

dduane

Newly Enlightened
Steven, Good luck on the Woodminister race. It's fun, challenging and the uphill start is an eye opener. We seem to have much in common. My brother has my old 69 Elan, I run ultras, lights, Caterham WOW!! whatelse?... PM sent , Duane

SteveStephens said:
Flashlights, an Elise, camping, food...how can I resist. A newbie of sorts here who might be coming to your flashapalooza. I would likely camp over as I have a race to run in Woodminster Park in Oakland the next morning and could go directly there. Will have to let you all know but hope you can leave a spot for me- I won't leave it until the end to let you know. Duane, would love to talk to you about your Elise; I am building a Caterham Superlight w/SVT Zetec.

Steve