Bay Area CPF BBQ and Flashapalooza - June 17th

CLHC

Flashaholic
Looking forward to seeing the pictures. I'm sure every one attending will have a blast, especially the "ideal" location for flashaholics. I'm only sorry that I can't make it this time. Maybe the next go 'round—

Enjoy!

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be there around 8:30pm as I have an event to attend in Monterey. So someone else will need to get some shots of the BBQ :)

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
CroMAGnet said:
I'll be there around 8:30pm as I have an event to attend in Monterey. So someone else will need to get some shots of the BBQ :)
That cutting it close as the gates close at 8:30 pm for entry.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
LowBat said:
Important Note: The front gate to the park is locked at 8:30pm, and cars can only exit after that time.
LowBat said:
How do cars only get out after 8:30. do they use those spiked exits.

Tony, you got my cell phone. If you get there after the gate is closed, call me, and we'll pick you up at the gate.

gimmejr

Newly Enlightened
LowBat said:

I would like to attend but thats my reason for not posting here earlier. I get off work no later then 730 and I work in Gilroy. I wouldnt be staying long either because I have to work in the morning. I just want to see some of the cool flashlights. My brightest is probably the L7 I recently picked up. Ill finish working out the logistics tomorrow.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The exit is the type with tire spikes. There is a small parking lot a short ways down the road across the street, but I think the lot and the road are posted no parking after sunset.

s002cjs

Newly Enlightened
Wow, just saw this and am in the area. I'm going to try to do a hike earlier in the day and catch up with the group with some illuminating goodies. Probably 2 more to show up, but don't count us in for food at this late date!

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
s002cjs said:
Wow, just saw this and am in the area. I'm going to try to do a hike earlier in the day and catch up with the group with some illuminating goodies. Probably 2 more to show up, but don't count us in for food at this late date!
You're not late for food so feel free to join us. I'll add you and your guest to the attendance list.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I got plenty of steaks for all plus a large amount of hot dogs. We are bringing a full size BBQ grill and a mini grill. If anyone wants to cook additional items the mini grill will be available.

Tomorrow I'll ask the on duty ranger if the main gate can be left open past 8:30 pm. I'll do my best to accommodate those that arrive past sunset, but I can't make any guarantee.

6061-T6

Newly Enlightened
I'll be coming also. I can bring a XeRay50 and ultrastinger if anyone is interested in seeing them. also have a Light and Motion 10w HID bike like if you guys want to compare beam patterns to the Mag HIDs.

-6061-T6

dduane

Newly Enlightened
Can someone else bring the "drinks" sodas, water and juices? I may not make it to the BBQ. SORRRYYYY I'll split the cost, give me your paypal #.

Jim H, If no one ese brings the drinks, there's no danger of watering down the dRinKS... Is that a good thing? See you guys at the next meet if I'm not "voted off the island".
Duane:awman:

dduane said:
Tony, I'll bring drinks instead of dessert. They're less fragile and can survive cornering. D

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
dduane said:
Can someone else bring the "drinks" sodas, water and juices? I may not make it to the BBQ. SORRRYYYY I'll split the cost, give me your paypal #.

Jim H, If no one ese brings the drinks, there's no danger of watering down the dRinKS... Is that a good thing? See you guys at the next meet if I'm not "voted off the island".
Duane:awman:
Sorry you may not make it. I think SheDevil is bringing sodas and 270winchester is bringing Dr. Pepper so don't worry.

Last edited:

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
6061-T6 said:
I'll be coming also. I can bring a XeRay50 and ultrastinger if anyone is interested in seeing them. also have a Light and Motion 10w HID bike like if you guys want to compare beam patterns to the Mag HIDs.

-6061-T6
Welcome to the Flashapalooza! You're on the list so see you tomorrow.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey Lowbat:

I found direction to the park via mapquest but there is also a verion on the parks website you listed. do they lead to the same gate? since if I go to the worng gate then I won't see the CPF signs...

here is the direction listed on mapquest:

6: Merge onto I-880 S toward SAN JOSE. 38.4 miles Map
7: Merge onto US-101 S via EXIT 4B toward LOS ANGELES. 5.0 miles Map
8: Take the TULLY ROAD exit. 0.1 miles Map
9: Take the TULLY ROAD EAST ramp. 0.2 miles Map
10: Take the TULLY RD EAST ramp. 0.1 miles Map
11: Merge onto TULLY RD. 0.8 miles Map
12: Turn RIGHT onto QUIMBY RD. 7.5 miles Map
13: Turn RIGHT onto MT HAMILTON RD / CA-130. 0.1 miles Map
14: End at Grant Park
18405 Mount Hamilton Rd, Mt Hamilton, CA 95140, US Map
Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 9 minutes Total Est. Distance: 57.59 miles

Nick

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Don't know if there's another "gate" to the ranch. But I'd take Alum Rock and then take a RIGHT onto Mt. Hamilton Road then follow on up to Grant Ranch.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
270winchester, there is only one gate and either set of directions will work. I think you'll find it easier to take Alum Rock instead of Quimby.