• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

BB750 shutting down after 10-12secs?

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, guys, it is just like sh*t, heat flows downhill, hot to cold. Heat is not going to flow from the relatively cool surface the LED is on towards the screaming hot converter board.

Lucien

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Doug S said:
Guys, guys, it is just like sh*t, heat flows downhill, hot to cold. Heat is not going to flow from the relatively cool surface the LED is on the the screaming hot converter board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, but I'm wondering if the 5W initially puts out more heat than the BB, putting the thermal gradient in the wrong direction. (I've not had a chance to play with either yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) At the very least perhaps with the copper heatsink it's not as steep as with just plain AA.

At any rate, the important thing is that its working now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well... after 3 months use of roughly 1-2 minutes per night, the BB750 finally went to flashlight heaven (or hell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif). I had charged up my Pila wanting to do some beamshots with this light. When I turned it on, it would light up at normal brightness for ~0.5 sec and dim down to nothing in the next 1-1.5secs. It stayed off for the next 0.25sec and came back to full brightness for about 0.5secs and then *poof*, no light.

If I turn it on straight away again, it would go to full brightness and then off. No light. If I give it a ~1 minute rest and turn it on again, it would repeat the behaviour of bright-dim-off-on-off.

What a major pooper! And daylight saving just ended too, meaning it gets dark an hour earlier now.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Mine finally gave up the ghost in my EDC CR2 last week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif . I abused the hell out of it when it was new, but it has been rock solid for ages. RIP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

(Got a MM+ WFO waiting in the wings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Larry

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Hi Wayne,

You want it for failure analysis? I'd kinda like the heatsink back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif .

Larry