Newly Enlightened
Outdoor beamshots

Camera settings: 1/2 sec. F2.8
Distance to trees 8 meters ~26 feet

M1 Low Mode

1-2-M1-lowLarge.jpg

M1 High Mode

1-2-M1-highLarge.jpg

P1D CE Primary Mode (80 lumens according to Fenix)

1-2-P1D-primaryLarge.jpg

P1D CE Highest Mode (turbo)

1-2-P1D-highLarge.jpg

T5 Low Mode

1-2-T5-lowLarge.jpg

T5 High Mode

1-2-T5-highLarge.jpg

BMRSEB

Enlightened
Looks like the M1 has a brighter hotspot and more sidespill. Look at the surrounding area of snow in high mode on the M1, it's more lit with the M1 than either of the other two lights on high. The T5 & P1D-CE do have a larger hotspot on high than the M1, though not as bright.

Last edited:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
BMRSEB said:
Looks like the M1 has a brighter hotspot and more sidespill. Look at the surrounding area of snow in high mode on the M1, it's more lit with the M1 than either of the other two lights on high. The T5 & P1D-CE do have a larger hotspot on high than the M1, though not as bright.
The M1 is all throw. The T5's beam is much more useful, and its overall output is higher than both the P1DCE and M1.

larryk

Enlightened
I received my T5 today, very nice. Has anyone confirmed if you can use a 3.6 volt rechargeable battery in the T5 ? Also if you own a Amilite T3 you can swap heads if you want a smaller package with great output. You lose the 2 stages though.

Lumenation

Newly Enlightened
How bright are the 15 and 30 lumens on low. Can someone compare the brightness to another flashlight.This light seems to be a little flood, kind of like the HDS line. Am i correct in this assumption?

whc

Enlightened
larryk said:
I received my T5 today, very nice. Has anyone confirmed if you can use a 3.6 volt rechargeable battery in the T5 ? Also if you own a Amilite T3 you can swap heads if you want a smaller package with great output. You lose the 2 stages though.
I have used protected 3.7v cells in the T5, no problems so far. Actually I wrote an e-mail to Kevin from Amilite just about this issue, got the reply today:

About RCR123A(3.7V), you may use it, but it maybe shortens the life time of LED.

Lumenation

Newly Enlightened
Is the AmiLite website the only place to buy this light. And if i am shipping to the US, do i need to add that extra $5 or does the shipping add itself in?

larryk

Enlightened
Thanks whc, I was going to email them tonight about using a RCR123A battery. My T5 is quite a bit brighter using a rechargeable. What tint have others noticed with there T5 ? Mine is a little cool towards the blue side, very similar to my Fenix P1. My Fenix P1D CE is very white.

BMRSEB

Enlightened
Outdoors Fanatic said:
The M1 is all throw. The T5's beam is much more useful, and its overall output is higher than both the P1DCE and M1.
I agree with you on the throw (M1) and the T5 beam being more useful overall, but look at the pics again. The M1's hotspot is brighter, granted it's not as wide (b/c of throw design?), so may not be as useful (depending on your usage of course), but it "looks" brighter.

This is of course, not taking actual published figures of lumens, etc., into account. I personally am not invested in either, just an honest observation.:)

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
BMRSEB said:
I agree with you on the throw (M1) and the T5 beam being more useful overall, but look at the pics again. The M1's hotspot is brighter, granted it's not as wide (b/c of throw design?), so may not be as useful (depending on your usage of course), but it "looks" brighter.

This is of course, not taking actual published figures of lumens, etc., into account. I personally am not invested in either, just an honest observation.:)
but look at the pics again

That's the problem. These pics just give you a very vague idea. Don't base your opinion solely on beamshots.

BMRSEB

Enlightened
@Outdoors Fanatic..

True, beamshots are not the be all end all.. Although lot's of CPF member purchases have been made soley by beamshots, whether they constituted a valid argument to purchase or not to purchase.. :) That's what makes it a relatively "inexpensive" hobby..(although, if you visit the Custom & Mod B/S/T section it's sometimes a different story..):sssh:

Anyway, back on topic.. it would seem the SSC LED's tend to be a little more floody/diffused, no?

Last edited:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
BMRSEB said:
@Outdoors Fanatic..

True, beamshots are not the be all end all.. Although lot's of CPF member purchases have been made soley by beamshots, whether they constituted a valid argument to purchase or not to purchase.. :) That's what makes it a relatively "inexpensive" hobby..(although, if you visit the Custom & Mod B/S/T section it's sometimes a different story..):sssh:

Anyway, back on topic.. it would seem the SSC LED's tend to be a little more floody/diffused, no?
it would seem the SSC LED's tend to be a little more floody/diffused, no?
I'ts probably because of the excellent McGizmo orange-peeled reflector.