bedside flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

vic303

Enlightened
Re: Do you keep a flashlight near the bed?

Usually a TM 310H in a PJ's pocket, and a Big QIII on the nightstand. For serious bump-in-the-night drills, there's the old 6P mounted on the 870!

WNG

Enlightened

I keep an Electrolumens Blaster 3P in a shelf under the nightstand for those bumps in the night. Good thrower, and will hurt if it should land on an intruder's head.

On the nightstand is a 28-LED 3AAA flood from AXShop.com. This thing is handy and surprisingly bright. Blinds anyone you point it at, and lights up a room for those early morning bathroom excursions.

My area suffers power outages often, so, having a flashlight in almost every room is necessary.
Ironically, the last incident happened just as I loaded batteries into a new Nuwai Luxeon light I purchased. I hear the familiar bang from the stepdown transformer feeding the complex and the lights go out. How convenient is that?!?
:)

scibeer

Newly Enlightened

Always have my 6P with a TID on the nightstand with a half a dozen other misc lights, knives etc. We have blackouts often here and the house is well equiped if you ask me. If you ask my wife, I leave S$#t strewn all over the place!

O_DubhGhaill

Newly Enlightened

Photon Freedom on lanyard around neck at all times;

alternating SF U2 Ultra (usually weekends) and SF L1 Lumamax with beamshaper (usually weeknights) on the nightstand for late-night house patrolling and non-tactical checks on the 6-month-old little one;

SF E1e with beamshaper in nightstand drawer, EDC and misc. use;

Princeton Tech Apex on bedroom door knob used for everything needing hands, from securing a late-night whisky to taking the garbage out;

SF M6-CB, coming soon, to be kept next to running shoes for pre-dawn runs through the neighborhood and park;

Streamlight M6 mounted fore-end, starboard side of my Mossberg 590 kept near nightstand, my side of bed, for anything that doesn't sound like it should in the house, late-night and loud, and at the ready for anything heavier than the cat coming up the creaky wooden hallway stairs.

Wife keeps a Gerber in her nightstand drawer and a Petzl TacTikka plus on the nightstand.

Last edited:

Travissg1

Newly Enlightened

Thor 15 mcp, Inova X5, Inova Radiant C, 3D cell mag all next to bed.

wmirag

Enlightened

I almost always have two lights on the nightstand.

About 99.9% of my bedroom light use requires very low levels. So one light is either an HDS set on low or maybe an Arc AAA.

As a precaution, my second light is a G2, L2, or E2D... about 24 inches from the push-button box that locks up my 9mm. I hope I never have to use the 9; but it's good to know it's there if I need it.

W.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a X1 on a laynard hanging on my bedpost(with a small fixed blade on the same laynard). Then I have 4 different lights laying on the floor beside my bed, so I can reach down and pick 'em up if needed. I have a few on my dresser within reach also.

Blades

IonFire

Enlightened

Hmm, been away a bit myself.

I EDC a pile of knives aswell as my lights.

So i use a Pelican Micro Case (1060) to hold my EDC's overnight, and it follows me from the computer to the bedroom at night where it sits on the nightstand.

Inside i store my EDC's aswell as some others that get rotated aswell, i just did a count on the items in it(These are not including Shelf Queens) and i have 7 knives, and 5 lights in there, and the extra rechargeable Li-Ions i carry daily.

IF

aggiejason

Newly Enlightened
What flashlight do you keep on your nightstand?

Hey everyone! Just wondering what light/lights you keep by your bedside? :grin2:

Last edited:

aggiejason

Newly Enlightened
Re: What flashlight do you keep on your nightstand?

Tulsa town?? I used to live in Broken Arrow :grin2:

Macaw

Enlightened

aggiejason said:
Hey everyone! Just wondering what light/lights you keep by your bedside? :grin2:
Well.. Most of them. But what I keep next to my 357 Mag. is the Gladius. If some skumbag busts into my house I want that strobe to rock their world so I can get the drop on'em:xyxgun: .

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast

My nightstand is a bit crowded, it is where lights tend to congregate. I usually use an Inova X1 (old version) that sits there for getting up in the middle of the night.

Other lights at current there are or in the drawer:

Colt 1911 .45 acp (not a flashlight, but its there :sssh: )

Inova X5, Ultrafire 602D on stand

In drawer:

Surefire 6p, 3 MJLED Modded Minimags (2 AA 1 AAA), Red Inova X5, Blue Inova X1 (old version), Minimag LED 2 AA, Rock River AA and AAA and several others I believe but cannot remember what they are

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

I keep the light that turned me into a flashaloic by my bed....the Brinkmann Long Life!

tron3

Banned

9V HUMVEE LIGHT magnetically attached to my bed frame. The included magnet strip didn't hold well, so I peeled it off and glued in a stronger round magnet.

If you find some strong magnets, and don't mind mixing some epoxy, you can make any of your lights magnetic.

:popcorn:

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast

looks like I have the A19 and U2 right now. I always switch it up form time to time but find the only constant is the U2... Almost always

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast

aggiejason said:
Tulsa town?? I used to live in Broken Arrow :grin2:
You know a Dion Potter? His family was from broken arrow. I spent christmas with them once. (not likley I know)

taiji

Enlightened

Lumapower DX-1 w/ lux V for intruders and an L1P for checking on the baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.