Been dusting off the 'ol shelf queens

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the reasons why I sold some of 'SF collectibles' years ago, such as E2e-Winelight, -Satin Gray, and -Camo; was that I had a hard time making them part of my rotation. They were so nice, and it was not in my character to expose them to 'roughness of usage'.
Definitely feel ya' on that. In fact, it's why I never bought a Winelight. Tempting and beautiful as they are, I just knew it would never be touched. At the prices they were going for back when I was looking, they were way on the wrong side of my personal price:fun ratio. So lovely to look at though. Definitely artwork, and highly suited for display among other aesthetically pleasing things.

My feeling on this is changing as time goes on. At the right price, I can see myself buying an excellent condition Winelight, modding it, and carrying it once in a while

Thanks for doing so :)
You're quite welcome. :) Glad you're enjoying this.

Keep it coming!
Will do! Also gotta' get some new 10440s to spark up the preciouses (preciousii?). I'm taking those bad boys out "in the field" for once!

Hints for suspense: They are three out of the five lights I've mostly forgotten how to work... lol. One has a Kuku427 Ti body, and a Modoo clip.

Not long ago I dusted off my first 6P that has an M61wll in it. It still had the stock twisty.

I dug out a Z59, swapped it out and it is now my coffee table light. So sometimes dusting off an old light means an old favorite becomes a new favorite.
A Z59 sounds like the perfect addition to that setup, making for a most excellent coffee table light. Total quality, and well suited for its task.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been a bit obsessed with modding lately, and finding PR base LED's, but in the spirit of Bykfixer's post above I gathered up some old parts to make a new light. The recipe is as follows:

Take one hand engraved Malkoff M60, add a bored Surefire 9P body, stir in two AW 18500's, mix with a Z59 clicky, and garnish with a finned Fivemega bezel. It's tasty!

Great new/old light. Bombproof reliability, and it will always be bright enough for most tasks with good runtime to boot. Next to get dusted off is another hotwire, and the Litefluxes (still haven't ordered new 10440's yet). Will report back.

Anyone else been pulling out old lights?

Last edited: