Best Bang for the buck flashlight >>>>

cy

Flashaholic
ARC AAA before the runup in price was the best bang for the buck.

if you look you can still find ARC AAA w/light wear for aprox. $35.

Infinity Ultra G used to be $15, cheapest real HA light.

I really like the streamlight Jr for $29 excellent low $$ luxeon light. very well made! only drawback is not HA.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I look at this question differently- not as the cheapest light that makes some light but a relatively inexpensive light that is really good. My nominations: Pelican M6 LED, SharperImage Luxeon (w/ coupon), and maybe the Nuwai QIII. I would include the SF G2 or the SL Scorpion but I don't own one of those yet.

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I think that when the Ultra-G was able to be had for under 15 dollars from County Comm it was one of the best deals around.I have several and this is usually my "go to" light when I need one.It runs forever and honestly works every time it is turned on....what more could you need in a light this size....
I also like the Maxfire by Brinkman as the cost is good and it plain old works everytime.I like the simple approach in the design and it is a decent light to keep in a glove box as a spare.
Dorcy also seems to keep the simple approach to lighting and the little AAA is a wonderful light at 6 dollars.I have often wondered if Dorcy could be a major player should they ever decide to put out a higher end luxeon.
As far as mid quality lights go I feel that the Pelican M6-LED and the Q-III are simply the best bang for the buck.I can not say for the Q-III in all as I have only one but mine is crystal white with a perfect beam shape.I have read that many are very happy with this light and for the performance,size and CountyComms price this little light can not be beat easily.I was amazed at the Pelican M6 when I bought it.I thought I simply got lucky with the lottery as it was a beautiful beam and very white.I later found many co-workers who had purchased them as we got a great deal from a local law enforcement store(40 dollars)..I quickly saw that every one of these Pelicans were very consistent in color and quality.I have also read that many here saw the same results.Their reflector design was incredible and the throw was amazing for a 1 watt Luxeon.I think this light is the best bang for the buck that I own.
I could go on and on about actual cost VS performance as my modded Litfuse Arc has probably seen the most actual use however I have a pretty good bit of cash tied up in modded lights.I think bang for the buck here deals with factory production lights however I am sure some customs could also qualify....man I get talking lights and get carried away...I have said it before but I think we all may need therapy..haha

cy

Flashaholic
Robo, I agree with your accessment of ultra G.

for that particular form factor of ultra long runtime, usable beam,tuffness, size etc. IMHO ARC AAA and Ultra G are the best reguardless of price.

for the 1x AA led form factor, one could say ARC AA is finished out nicer than ultra G. When two are equal in performance, the one that cost a fraction of the other wins.

[ QUOTE ]
cy said:
Robo, I agree with your accessment of ultra G.

for that particular form factor of ultra long runtime, usable beam,tuffness, size etc. IMHO ARC AAA and Ultra G are the best reguardless of price.

for the 1x AA led form factor, one could say ARC AA is finished out nicer than ultra G. When two are equal in performance, the one that cost a fraction of the other wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

CY, you're right that the Ultra G, from a cost standpoint, is a better light. But the Arc AA has the added benefit of a stand-up tail, giving it - costs aside - an edge up on a comparative basis. But, since we're talking about "best bang for the buck" I agree we need to got with the Ultra G in this case.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thor X has best might have best Lumens/dollar or lux per dollar. It is available for about $30 and wasn't it in the Superlight Shootout II?

junior

Enlightened
In my opinion, the best bang for the buck has to go to the Dorcy 5mmled line up. I have the Dorcy2AA and 1AAA and use those lights about 90 percent of the time. They could run on cheap .99cent store batts,good alks, liths or recharges.
The runtime is great and you could buy them anywhere. I will be buying the Dorcy 1AAA real soon. I have been thinking about buying a cmg for edc as well.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to "second" three lights that have already been mentioned:

PT Surge (that was my first "real" high end light!)
UKe 4AA eLED (regulated!)
Streamlight TwinTask 3c

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
For those who lives in Canada. Radio Shack sells Mag 2C shipped for just C$12.50 (about US$10). Great for KPR112/3x123 mod. Best bang for the buck, about C$20 for 100 lumen in a Mag body.

Link to Mag 2C

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
If "bang" can also mean general usefulness then those lights that I have that seem to apply are the Dorcy AAA ($5.97), UKeLED 4AA ($20), and the Energizer Folding Lantern ($3.29).

Geoff

DaGeek

Enlightened
I'd say your biggest bang for your buck would by the 10mil CP thor!!!!LOL

beam_me_up

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Surefiregeek said:
I'd say your biggest bang for your buck would by the 10mil CP thor!!!!LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but thats not really a flashlight it's a spotlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/touche.gif

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a plain el cheapo Legend LX? $19.95 at wallyworld and 100 Lumens plus. Poor man's Surefire. Easy to mod back to focusable. Cheap bright durable. Has clickie momentary tail switch too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Downside: uses 123 batteries.

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

All My Lights

Some Lights