Best Bang for the buck flashlight >>>>

beam_me_up

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
NikolaTesla said:
How about a plain el cheapo Legend LX? $19.95 at wallyworld and 100 Lumens plus. Poor man's Surefire. Easy to mod back to focusable. Cheap bright durable. Has clickie momentary tail switch too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My brother thinks paying more than $10 for any flashlight is just INSANE. "It's JUST a flashlight!" $20 may be an el cheapo light for you and me but tell that to him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

On a side note I think the Legend LX is 65 lumens and not 100+ without a lamp replacement...still a nice light I have one and I noticed wal-mart has them back in stock... and now I can't find the MaxBeam ones that had replaced them...hmmm

rikvee

Enlightened
all these lights are well built and around $30:

- a Streamlight Scorpion has excellent throw
- a Surefire G2 has a smooth beam and is as powerful as lights that cost 5 times more
- the Nightcutter NC003C has a useful flood and lasts a long time (80 hrs?)
- a Minimag still looks great, and with an Opalec Newbeam you'll get the most out of the batteries and the bulb will never blow...
- the Nuwai Q3 at around $40 is hard to beat as well, more powerful than the ARC LS at less than half the price!

- a bit more money spent on a charger and lower voltage bulbs, and the Scorpion and G2 running on a 168s Pila (protected 3.7V rechargeable) probably win out in the end for the most light for the least moolah...

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't it great that so many, very good, "bang for the buck" lights are available? While our opinions vary, there are many lights that qualify as being good values.

JanCPF

Enlightened
Did anyone mention Streamlight JR Luxeon? At about $30 it's unbeatable IMHO. It runs on two cheap AA or two AA NimH in regulation, It's at least as bright as the old style KL1. Fit and finish is quite nice, and it comes with a tail clickie.

Jan