Best battery setup for Malkoff P7 in Maglite C-cell

glockbob

Newly Enlightened
I couldn't resist lastnight and I bought a Malkoff P7 dropin for a C-cell Mag. I would have prefered the D-cell, but it was sold out. I don't even own a C-cell mag right now:thinking:

My question is what rechargeable battery setup would work best in a C-cell Maglite, with little to no work needing to be done to the light?

I'm open to different sized C-Cell mags.

I would prefer LI-ion rechargeable batteries, AW or Ultrafire?

Gene43

Enlightened
Go to Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. Purchase a 5 foot length of black Silo-Flex 3/4 inch I.D. plastic pipe. It's usually in the landscape area (I think its used in underground sprinkler systems). Cut a 5 1/2" section of pipe. Push it into the battery compartment of a 3C Maglite (must have a C in the serial #). Then stretch the tail cap spring about 1/4". Install two 18650's positive toward the head. Good to go!

Thanks, Gene

Last edited:

RunningDave

Newly Enlightened
Gene, is it possible to also use 3 X 18500's? I figure this way, you won't have to stretch the spring. It should be the same length as the C cells.

elumen8

Enlightened
How would the P7 run on three primary 123's? It was asked in another thread but wasn't quite answered. Will it push the batteries too hard?

Thanks,
-JB