Best Bicycle QR mount (not for flashlight)

matthewm

I am looking for alternatives to this mount from cygolite, for a custom light.

Something with a screw on quick release tab supported by either one or two screws. Any suggestions?

http://www.shop.cygolite.com/product.sc?productId=68&categoryId=64

1239899982868-1406488344.jpeg

1237481711112-1137916833.jpeg

BrianMc

The Viewpoint/Marwi style mount similar to the Cygolite, helmet. off set and older offset stlyes here.

The Electron mount appears to be popular especialy in the UK ia also similar.

That should help your google searches if you need another country.

Last edited:

Uzzi

I used to use this Cateye mount for my sawed off mag-lite. Its very reliable and the one I had could swivel left and right. The big thumb screw is very easy to tighten while riding. Finding a top half could be a problem though, unless you buy a whole light.

93917.jpg

My favorite is the Marwi old style mount, due to its ease of taking the whole mount off with a flip of the lever, swivel and the built-in rubber grips. Its not usable as a helmet light though, so if I wanted one, Id upgrade to the non-swiveling style Marwi mount.

Buck91

Blackburn uses a similar mount to that cygolite on their Voyager 4.0 and I've seen a lot of problems with it breaking. I second the Uzzi's suggestion for the Cat Eye mount. Been holding my Triple Shot securely for 2 years now, and its a fairly heavy headlamp.

znomit

I used to use this Cateye mount for my sawed off mag-lite. Its very reliable and the one I had could swivel left and right. The big thumb screw is very easy to tighten while riding. Finding a top half could be a problem though, unless you buy a whole light.

You can get the top half from cateye. Its the H-24 Spacer Set here.

BrianMc

I thought this was fairly obvious...

I thought you wanted 'Best Quality' not 'Best Price or 'Cheapest'. As in I want the Best for my kid. So it wasn't obvious to me either.

Sorry, I can't help you in either case.

BrianMc

OK good to excellent quality at a fair price.

I have just started to use mounts from here. (Down the page) The price is good. These are NOS, were main line light mounts, and time tested. The ratchet twisting to aim is excellent, though you will need to tighten the allen head screw up a bit, if they were loose like mine were.

EL34 has a screw on adaptor for the MagicShine light that might suit your purpose to adapt the mounts to your light. I have no experience with other QR mounts for comparison. So, I am pleased with them, but YMMV.

Hope this helps.

bigsteve

The Viewpoint/Marwi style mount similar to the Cygolite, helmet. off set and older offset stlyes here.

The Electron mount appears to be popular especialy in the UK ia also similar.

That should help your google searches if you need another country.

had one of these it broke on me so im not impressed :mecry:

BrianMc

bigsteve: "Had one and it broke". Which the Electron or the Marwi?

Also, what happened? I think we all have had stuff fall apart, which IS a P****r, and we have had stuff break after long after it should have, given our treatment, which earns a kind of respect.

For those who own whichever you had, anything to watch for? Hate to drop a light if there is a telltale that the mount is about to fail.

Whitedog1

Don't fix me with this, but i think it is M5!

If you can wait, i will measure it this late afternoon?:candle: