Best Drop-Ins for 3 C MagLights?

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have never seen the ones from superbrightleds. They any good?
They do not agree with my Mag reflector. I got a bigger hotspot than with other LED bulbs. The center of the hotspot is white, the outside yellow. The PR2-3WHP-9V has a bigger blob of white with just a tiny yellow fringe. But it is the same price as the Terralux.
I don't have the terralux TLE-6EXB. Battery Junction uses Priority Mail International boxes for Canada which costs more than the bulb.

Works better in a cheapo plastic flashlight with a faceted reflector. Tint is even across the hotspot. But I do not dare use the PR2-3WHP-9V because it runs very hot. Very bright though for a PR2 bulb.

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a Fusion showerhead drop-in ... It will work OK with three C cells ... It will work up to nine volts , so two 18650's would be great or six AA cells.

My Wife has a showerhead in a 2C using two 18500 Li-Ions and it will still work OK on two C cells ... I have a 2D (with showerhead) using six AA Eneloops ... The 2D will work OK on two D cells and also works very well on two 18650s.

My AA Eneloops are in Convertors that hold three AA cells ... Two of these convertors are great in the 2D torch ... You can get convertors that hold two AA cells , so three of them in a 3D Maglite would be great.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a Fusion showerhead drop-in ... It will work OK with three C cells ... It will work up to nine volts , so two 18650's would be great or six AA cells.

My Wife has a showerhead in a 2C using two 18500 Li-Ions and it will still work OK on two C cells ... I have a 2D (with showerhead) using six AA Eneloops ... The 2D will work OK on two D cells and also works very well on two 18650s.

My AA Eneloops are in Convertors that hold three AA cells ... Two of these convertors are great in the 2D torch ... You can get convertors that hold two AA cells , so three of them in a 3D Maglite would be great.

it'll work fine with 3c, f36 is a nice flooder, not much throw, i have one, it works fine off 1 18650 in chopped C mag.
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab324/alpg88/P1060290sm.jpg

Latest posts