Best flashligt using 4x18650 batteries on the market? (Tips)

Awen

Newly Enlightened
What's the best (debatable) led flashlight using 4x18650's on the market currently (output, electronics, optics, weight, durability)?
Are there any products in developement that will "beat" the current top 3 led-fl's?

Let the suggestions rain like candy from a stage.

ven

Flashaholic
If you tell us what you are looking for in a 4 cell light, we can give some suggestions that may suit your wants/needs in a flashlight. Do you want throw, flood, both, bothered about a specific LED, single reflector, multi reflectors............etc etc etc etc. Too many options , and there is no best, just what may be better for a specific application:)

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any products in developement that will "beat" the current top 3 led-fl's?
There is always something bigger, better, brighter, cheaper coming 'Real Soon Now'. If one tries to wait for that, one might wind up never buying a light because of always waiting. IBM was really good (bad) at this, announcing new products that wouldn't be available for sometimes years, and sometimes never, in order to keep their customers from going to some other vendor to satisfy their immediate needs

I have found that the best solution [for me at least] is to define as well as possible my needs, look at what is available and at what price, and decide if I can live with not having those parts that aren't available or are too expensive in relation to the magnitude of my need. The same holds true in any field where there is constant technological turnover like computer, phone, sometimes cars, etc.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the best (debatable) led flashlight using 4x18650's on the market currently (output, electronics, optics, weight, durability)?

Let the suggestions rain like candy from a stage.
Best is very debatable, as it depends entirely on what you are wanting....

You also then say beat the current top 3... so which ones are these?

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
There is always something bigger, better, brighter, cheaper coming 'Real Soon Now'. If one tries to wait for that, one might wind up never buying a light because of always waiting. IBM was really good (bad) at this, announcing new products that wouldn't be available for sometimes years, and sometimes never, in order to keep their customers from going to some other vendor to satisfy their immediate needs

I have found that the best solution [for me at least] is to define as well as possible my needs, look at what is available and at what price, and decide if I can live with not having those parts that aren't available or are too expensive in relation to the magnitude of my need. The same holds true in any field where there is constant technological turnover like computer, phone, sometimes cars, etc.
Agree 100% :thumbsup:...Exactly what I told my wife who's was always trying to get the best cell phone on the market until she realized it is hard to keep up with technology.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you want flood or throw or a balance? How large/heavy are you willing to go? Want a specific tint? Do you mind having pedals? Is a physical lockout mandatory?

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I give you...the ThruNite TN42 - http://www.thrunite.com/tn42-led-searchlight/

• Turbo(2000 lumens/1.5hrs),
    • High(780 lumens /5.3hrs),
    • Medium(256 lumens /17.8hrs),
    • Low(38 lumens /4.3days),
    • Firefly (0.8 lumens /58days).
    • Peak beam intensity: 600750cd.
    • Max beam distance: 1550m.
    • available in cool or neutral white.

Review:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?421113-Thrunite-TN40-(4xXP-L-HI-rechargeable-battery-pack)-Review-BEAMSHOTS-and-more!

Last edited: