Best Quality AA to D Cell Adapter?

Phlogiston

Enlightened
I'd just like to offer a general word of warning: some of my AA to D adaptors came with sharp edges that damaged the wrappers on a couple of my Eneloops. Check carefully when you first use them, in case you find yourself needing to file the edges down a bit.

I've also seen a truly awful adaptor that was too short; it actually put a dent in the negative end of one of my Eneloops. You can imagine what I had to say about that!

As a result of various mishaps like that, I now have a set of 4 Eneloops which are too battered for normal service; I reserve them for use in my more abusive experiments...

More Eneloops, Igor!

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I can tell, they are the ones I got from another seller last year. Working great, nice fit, both for the Eneloops and in the Fenix TK50. They measure a fraction of a mm shorter than a Duracell or Rayovac D cell. I don't have any real barn-burner D-cell lights to test out super high current draws, but I did not buy them for that. I wanted to use something I have on hand already to run my D lights without risking leaks, and having the looooong declining brightness issue of a large, slowly dying alkaline.

creegeek

Newly Enlightened
Just received the adapters last night. Inserting three batteries is easy. Getting them out is a little harder. If you only insert two then you can push them out very easily.

I will be testing fit and finish in two D cell devices this weekend. I'll keep you posted. I'll take caliper measurements also.

So far I'm digging them.

creegeek

Newly Enlightened
Measurements are in and they are looking great, compare:

60.6mm Height
32.2mm Outer Diameter

Against the Energizer specs: http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/e95.pdf

59.5-61.5mm Height
32.3-34.2mm Outer Diameter

Next will be live use in a product, I'll post back once I'm done.