Best single 18650 thrower?

jslappa

Dereelight CL1H with aspherical lens is another nice thrower, if you can't find a Dereelight DBS aspherical. For single 18650, you won't find much more throw. I think I read the Tiablo a10g put out 55,000 vs DBS 68,000. That's over 20% increase over the Tiablo.

fishx65

The Solarforce Skyline I is a really good thrower. Kinda big for a single 18650 but that monster reflector throws one heck of a tight pencil beam. Build quality on my example is awesome!

Waspy

Ok thanks.

Solarpower are out, they ship from the USA which means Customs fees.

My shortlist (these are British prices):

1. Tiablo A10 G £134.99 (ouch!)

2. Jetbeam RRT1 £109.95

3. Dereelight DBS V3 £74.95

Dereelight is looking good, a good price and upgradeable and an Aspheric lens option.

How about Lumapower? I can't figure out which is their best 1X18650 thrower.

Is it the Lumapower Signature Tactical (ST-01 and ST-03) With OP & Turbo-force Heads?

The body looks long for one 18650.

Wiggle

The Solarforce Skyline I is a really good thrower. Kinda big for a single 18650 but that monster reflector throws one heck of a tight pencil beam. Build quality on my example is awesome!

Its a cool light but it doesn't put out enough lumens to beat the other throwers. I still want to mod soon but haven't gotten around to it. Solarforce Masterpiece Pro-1 will out throw it on 1 x 18650, and beat it badly with 2 x 18650.

Skyline 18650
skyline.jpg

Masterpiece Pro 18650
Mpp11cell.jpg

Masterpiece Pro 2 x 18650
MPP12cell.jpg

On 2 18650, with a UCL lens, I believe Masterpiece Pro-1 is the top or near the top in terms of lux. With 1 x 18650 it is marginally weaker though.

jh333233

In terms of money,Ultrafire C8 (Cree R2 lamp model)
can compete with Tiablo A9
All light sky-shot
TSO6A-3c523f6c.jpg

A9 Shot (High mode) 150m
TS0dJ-3c523f6c.jpg

C8 High 150m
TShGJ-3c523f6c.jpg

But of course the reliability of A9 is much high than the ultrafire c8
The notorius Ultrafire:devil:
If you dont really need high-reliability, C8 would be ur choice to save money
(I have tested,C8 is not suitable even in heavy rain, the bezel leaks water)

jorn

I'm waiting for my microfire pioneer I HL2N to arrive:popcorn:There is little info to be found on this light exept the sales descriptions. There are some german videos on youtube. It looks like a very impressive 168A (18650) thrower. Its a zoom light. I don't know anything about it's build qality. Microfire seems to be a popular hid manufacturer.

RepProdigious

Excellent advice, thanks. Except I have absolutely no clue how to do that:sigh:

Is the KD RQ worth having without that upgrade?

Well yes! And if its not 100% to your liking its a great host to learn how to 'mod'!

Do make sure you buy the right one, most spear clones suck but the rq from kd is king!:hitit:

ateallthepies

I have the Tiablo A9 and A10-G. Aspherics apart, the A10 easily out throws the A9.
To get the most output from these lights you have to run them on 2 X 16340 instead of a single 18650 but the difference is only slight.

The A9 has a stock reverse clicky which I don't like and the A10 has a forward clicky, much better.

The A9 is £75 whereas the A10-G is £135 and I can't quite see why the A10-G is £50 more?

If a project of mine goes to plan I should have the furthest throwing A10 in the land!! I had an older A10 that I am converting to direct drive and hopefully it will be well over 50,000 lux?

HTH,

Steve.

brys

great thread. I've been looking for a single 18650 light for edc. I'm currently using a fenix tk30 for everything else. gonna go research all the lights listed as I want one with a smaller reflector/head.

jcalvert

How about Lumapower? I can't figure out which is their best 1X18650 thrower.

Is it the Lumapower Signature Tactical (ST-01 and ST-03) With OP & Turbo-force Heads?

Sig Tac VX (SST-50) w/ ST-03 Turbo Force = Long
Sig Tac GX (XPG-R5) w/ ST-03 Turbo Force = Longer
Sig Tac Standard (XRE-R2) w/ ST-03 Turbo Force = Longest

The ST-01 is the small, default head that come on all their Sig Tac lights.

John

brys

Can't find the head dimensions on the Sig Tac Standard (XRE-R2) w/ ST-03 Turbo Force. From their site it's a little over 6 inches long and the head maybe around 2inch in diameter? Are there any packages that offer all 3 heads?

jcalvert

Can't find the head dimensions on the Sig Tac Standard (XRE-R2) w/ ST-03 Turbo Force. From their site it's a little over 6 inches long and the head maybe around 2inch in diameter? Are there any packages that offer all 3 heads?

brys,

The head diameter for the ST-03 Turbo Force head, specific to all the Sig Tac products, is 45mm. This is based on a caliper measurement from Tod at Illumination Gear who carries Lumapower products. This is just one example of the extra measure of customer service he provides.

I have yet to find the exact total length for the Sig Tac Standard R2 w/ the Turbo Force head in place and I didn't ask Tod about the total length because I knew it would only be about 150mm, which was within my 6" guideline.

If it helps, the total length of the Sig Tac Standard R2 w/ the small, default head is 139mm (from Battery Junction description), whereas the length on the GX & VX is 133mm.

I haven't found any packages with all three heads, however I believe that Illumination Gear now has all the model-specific ST-03 heads for the GX & VX packages. And although he does not carry the Sig Tac Standard R2 light package, he does have the R2 pill to replace the XPG-R5 in the GX or replace the SST-50 in the VX.

John

Last edited:

wiiawiwb

I just bought the Eagletac T20C2MKII with the R2 light source. I dont have any other single 18650 lights to compare it to but the throw of this combo is huge.

I was curious about the throw of this combination. Was it significantly more by adding the XR-E R2 and was the beam much tighter?

Waspy

Well yes! And if its not 100% to your liking its a great host to learn how to 'mod'!

Do make sure you buy the right one, most spear clones suck but the rq from kd is king!:hitit:

Well, I have the RQ from KD on it's way on a slow boat from China.

Very tempted by Lumapower ST-03 Turbohead though.