best single AAA light, not preon 1

fannin

Enlightened
my friend keeps losing his itp a3 eos, i have had loads of these and most have been good but i've had a couple of lemons, we've been getting them for years, there must be something better than the itp a3 eos by now

single mode is fine but need good high ouput like at least 70 or 80 lumens like a3 eos, multimode is ok too but he only uses max. if he could find the single output version that would be better than multimode but whatevs

what you reckon? is eos still the best?

preon too expensive here in uk, he wants to spend £20

thx

chevboy167

Newly Enlightened
i have 1 of these lil guys. tight beam compared to the a3 eos or the olight i3 eos. reverse clicky with high mode only. link removed. see red banner at top of page

Last edited by a moderator:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
fenix is good

but whatevs

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

fannin

Enlightened
fenix is the best but all their AAA single lights are not bright enough except ld01 which ids too much £

BARBARIAN-X

Newly Enlightened
I've purchased 4 of these and have not had any issues. link removed. See red banner at top of page

vali

Enlightened
Take a look at Klarus Mi10 or, if you find one, a preon Revo.

I want a Mi10 myself, but the SS version has became unobtanium.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Deleted by admin

Megacam

Newly Enlightened
You gotta check out the TruNite TI. Great light with firefly mode also. Put mine on my keyring and haven't taken it off yet!

davecroft

Enlightened
The Fenix LD01 is a great AAA light. Bright, reliable and well built. But if you want to buy from a UK dealer it will cost you about £30 or more. BUT you can get it from Hong Kong much cheaper and I have bought many lights from there without problem. Just expect to wait 3 - 4 weeks for delivery. Manafont sell the LD01 together with a Fenix E01 for $34.90 which works out at £21.80, a real bargain! Your mate can use the LD01 and give you the E01 for your keychain!

If you want a cheaper light the Thrunite Ti is supposed to be pretty good but there are some reliability issues with mode switching according to some posts on the forums.

Last edited:

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
I have both the LD01 and the "96 lumen upgraded" ITP A3. With alkaline batteries, they both have what looks like the same light output & brightness in my opinion. The only differences are that the LD01 has a more concentrated hot spot, and the LD01 is more cool blue looking compared to the ITP A3 (still more natural white than blue, but just more blue looking compared to the A3).

When I put a 10440 in each one, that's when things really began to shine (pun intended). On MED mode, they were both the same. But on HIGH mode, the LD01 looked the same to me as in MED mode, maybe just a hair brighter but you really couldn't tell a difference. With the A3, there was a distinct HIGH mode bright light compared to the MED mode. The HIGH mode on the A3 was also much brighter than the HIGH mode on the LD01.

Struture-wise, I also liked the fact that the A3 was shorter than the LD01 and about the same size as the E05. The only things I didn't like on the A3 were the keyring hole (way too small to fit any other keyring through it), and that the threads were more loose feeling compared to the Fenix lights. Don't get me wrong, the caps still threaded on good and operated just fine, but I like the 'stiffer feel' of the Fenix lights when turning the heads.

Besides the fact that the ITP A3 was half the price as the LD01, I'm really impressed with it overall and that's now my new/current choice of EDC keychain lights for myself and for my wife. The E05 is retired now (sitting in the drawer as a backup), and the LD01 is now just sitting by itself that I can throw into my pocket it I don't have my keys with me.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
fenix is the best but all their AAA single lights are not bright enough except ld01 which ids too much £
Fenix Outfitters is authorized Fenix seller and also official CPFMP supporter, they have the Fenix LD01 in a combo pack with Fenix E01. They also do FREE International Shipping thru their other site, Fenix-Store.com (formerly owned by 4sevens David Chow), and the combo pack is listed there as well, so you may wanna try their site.

i thought of buying the 4sevens Preon P0 (~25US$) but now i am buying the Fenix (~35US$) from their former site lol

Ezeriel

Enlightened
I picked up a Hypetac P1A, I'm still getting used to the pwm on low and medium (it's my first pwm light)

but yeah, this is an amazing little light, it claims 90 lumens on high, and that looks about right to me
the runtime on high is only an hour, but 3.5 hours on medium, that's 28 lumens.

the quality seems to be on par with Fenix

All in all, I can live with the pwm, it's a great light, and my new EDC

chrisbfu

Newly Enlightened
I purchased two ThruNite TI's one in green and one in black , and love them dearly. This little beast is great. It has two modes and has taken a beating. The modes: Firefly 0.04lumens, and then tighten the head down for max 60 lumens. The only thing I dislike about the light is, it will not tail stand.