Best Tap Water Filter On Demand System?

wilbur

Newly Enlightened
This Aquasana unit claims to be the #1 rated system, and top rated by Consumer's Digest for the last 6 years. I've heard of Consumer's Report, but not Consumer's Digest. They list this comparison chart which does make it look good...and say up front that they have a "relationship" with Sun Water that makes Aquasana. Dubious.

Here is what appears to be a legit rating site: http://www.consumersearch.com/water-filters/best-water-filters which seems to favor Culligan EZ-4.

Pitchers won't be enough for us.

Probably just stick with the bottled delivery.

Lux - I started out with Pur filter that mounted on my faucet. It worked well for cooking water but didn't taste all that good for drinking water, so I still bought bottled water for drinking.
After 1.5 yrs. the Pur broke & after a bit of research I decided to go with the Aquasana.
They claim it tastes better than bottled water & I agree with them. I never buy bottled any more.
I have been using mine for about 3 yrs. now & no major problems. They have a program called Water For Life where I pay $8.00 per month & they send me a new set of filters every 6 months.
If you buy the filters outright they are about $50 per set(2). This rig cost much more than the Pur & I was really skeptical of paying close to a hundred bucks for it but I'm pretty happy with it.
It is pretty low flo so it does take a bit of time to fill large bottles but that doesn't bother me all that much. Good luck with your search.

wilbur

Newly Enlightened
This Aquasana unit claims to be the #1 rated system, and top rated by Consumer's Digest for the last 6 years. I've heard of Consumer's Report, but not Consumer's Digest. They list this comparison chart which does make it look good...and say up front that they have a "relationship" with Sun Water that makes Aquasana. Dubious.

Here is what appears to be a legit rating site: http://www.consumersearch.com/water-filters/best-water-filters which seems to favor Culligan EZ-4.

Pitchers won't be enough for us.

Probably just stick with the bottled delivery.

Lux - I started out with Pur filter that mounted on my faucet. It worked well for cooking water but didn't taste all that good for drinking water, so I still bought bottled water for drinking.
After 1.5 yrs. the Pur broke & after a bit of research I decided to go with the Aquasana.
They claim it tastes better than bottled water & I agree with them. I never buy bottled any more.
I have been using mine for about 3 yrs. now & no major problems. They have a program called Water For Life where I pay $8.00 per month & they send me a new set of filters every 6 months.
If you buy the filters outright they are about $50 per set(2). This rig cost much more than the Pur & I was really skeptical of paying close to a hundred bucks for it but I'm pretty happy with it.
It is pretty low flo so it does take a bit of time to fill large bottles but that doesn't bother me all that much. Good luck with your search.

markr6

Flashaholic
I've been using a Watts Premier UF-3 three stage under-sink system for the past few years. I love it! It can be had for about $150 on Amazon. The annual replacement pack costs about $60, so for $5/mo I have great drinking water every day. Actually, I don't need anything since the water in my city is pretty much perfect; I just like the peace of mind going thru additional filtration. It was pretty easy to install and doesn't take up much room.

I realized one of the best selling points after installing it - the water dispenses in a very narrow stream. This is great for filling up small mouth bottles. I actually reuse a glass bottle every day and the opening is about the same as a wine bottle.

ZAK88

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have also switched from bottled water to tab filter. Bottled water costed a fortune so we decided to switch to filter a while back.
We chose Brita Filter through this article ( ... ad link removed ... ) its quite filter if you are new to this filter stuff like us. Also Brita filter is great because its economical and also easy to use. Also it works really fine, doesn't take ages to fill the coffee pot :D

Hope it helps,

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

How many gallons do you get per set of filters and how much does it affect the flow?

I go through a lot of water per day, two people and three dogs. We live almost directly across the street from the city water tower so there is a lot of chlorine in our water and being that close to even our water pressure is pretty low. Many inline filters will slow the flow to a trickle so I have to be very mindful of that.

Thanks for any information.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello!
I Looked on wilbur's profile. He has not been on this forum for over a year and his post you quoted is from 2013. Hopefully he will show up or someone else will respond. Good luck!

TaliscaAdrian

Newly Enlightened
Frankly, no water filtration system in the world will provide you with absolutely clean H2O. Technology has gone a long way and progress is still made. Among one of the most serious contaminant, we can list is fluoride. If you are looking for ways on how to remove fluoride from water at home, you may consider getting a filter pitcher.

Last edited by a moderator: