Bicycle lighting??

cruzmisl

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,
Is there any reasonably priced bicycle lights available that use a decent LED (cree or Seoul)? All of the mass market ones are incan's or low power LED's, or the uber expensive HID. Some have said you could make your own but I'm not sure how to do that.
Thanks,
Joe

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure - but what's your price, and what output and runtime do you want? I just got a Niterider MinewtX2, which appears to use a Seoul for 150lumens, for about $145 on sale. I figured that pretty good for a li-Ion light.

BTW, you might try this in the beyond flashlights/transportation/bicycle light section of the forum.

cruzmisl

Newly Enlightened
HEy thanks! I didn't realize that forum existed. I really only need a few hrs run time and want something that doesn't use a huge battery. Where did you buy yours for $145?

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
HEy thanks! I didn't realize that forum existed. I really only need a few hrs run time and want something that doesn't use a huge battery. Where did you buy yours for $145?

Performancebike.com had several 20% off coupon sales the last few weeks. They'll probably have more after Xmas.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't exclude the Fenix lights with Lockblock holders and Eneloop batteries. A great AA solution. Some of the best Cree lights available. I've modded mine with diffuser material. Flood on the bars and a spoty headlamp is the way to go. The headlamp if a spot can be about 1/4 of the brightness of the bar unit.

If you are handy with a soldering iron I think the PT Apex makes a fine bike light.

4zk305g.jpg

More Pictures and Tips here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/170763

and Mod instructions here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/171344