Blinky modes - Have you ever needed them?

Have you ever needed an emergency blinky mode?

• No - they've been worthless to me.

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Yes - I've needed them

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • I don't have any lights with these modes

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters

prnguinpoo

Newly Enlightened
i tried it last night to try to stop 2 cats fighting. didnt work. tn12. back catching cats now

SardaoVoador

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone!
I actually use it a lot! I have a cheep zoomie with a ablinky mode with which I coordinate the help of the dinghy while manoeuvering at the marinas not my dinghy or boat, just my job :)
It is particularly useful when trying no to disturb too much everyone else.
Still light: push where I'm pointing at.
Blinky: maintain contact, do not push.
Light off: stop pushing, stand-by.

Taz80

Enlightened
I would say that you should avoid pointing it directly at them even if they are about to hit you...unless you know they are doing it intentionally. Blinding a driver doesn't help in any normal circumstances.

You are assuming the driver is looking at the road, rather than texting, fiddling with the radio or drinking their beer. For me all it has taken is a quick flash at the front of the car to be noticed. On the other hand, around here, the police lights and strobes are really blinding.

lytumup

Newly Enlightened
Haven't used one for a emergency, but have used one to hopefully prevent one. I use the beacon mode on top of my portable ice fishing shanty at night, because getting hit by a drunk snowmobiler sucks.

County

Newly Enlightened
While not an emergency, I used strobe to find the party I was meeting at a huge outdoor general admission nighttime concert with 100,000 people present. We were on our cell phones and I described the general meeting area, but we still couldn't find each other, so I said "look for the strobe" and my friend spotted me immediately.

TheShadowGuy

Enlightened
I've never really had need of a dedicated strobe- blinking a light manually always did the trick for me to help get noticed while walking at night.

I did know a few people who would use strobe mode on their flashlights to spruce up some Halloween decorations and haunted houses. :D