Brisbane area (SEQ) get togethers?

Citivolus

Enlightened
I know you are out there, and I've had contact with a few of you. Is there any interesting in having a get together? I understand the response has not been too stunning in the past, but I think that our numbers are building now.

Regards,
Eric

UnderTheWeepingMoon

Enlightened
I'd be interested. I live on the south side of Brisbane but I could probably make it anywhere in SEQ.

Some other members from Brisbane who I've seen posting here are SunnyQueensland, gadgetnerd and OldGreyGuy but I'm sure there are more than that. Hopefully they see this thread and chime in.

lightemup

Flashaholic*
We've already had a couple of cpf meets in Brisy, but not recently. A couple of us have been talking about one around christmas time / early new year. Depending on when I might be interested :)

Last edited:

KeeperSD

Enlightened
I will be down Brissy way from early Dec (around 7/12) through to Christmas (3 weeks), so depending when, i would also be interested.

:popcorn:

Last edited:

branny

Newly Enlightened
Hiya Lightmeup! :wave:

Remember meeting you at a CPF get-together on campus at UQ in 2004. Might be a bit more of a slog for me this time I'm afraid...

Hope you guys can get organised...got a UK meet in a couple of weeks, we'll see how that goes.

TxShooter

Newly Enlightened
The last time Lightemup and I met for a light test, we damn near froze to death.

I'll hopefully be stateside from late November-early February, but if not I have a couple of SureFires and Streamlights to bring.

Citivolus

Enlightened
OK, so the second week or so of December is looking mostly good so far. If anyone wants to get together in the mean time for something smaller, I'm in for that as well. I enjoy bushwalking at night, and there are some nice trails in my area.

Regards,
Eric

SunnyQueensland

Enlightened
Not sure what made me click on this thread because these get-togethers are never anywhere near me. Looks like my luck has changed. :)

What happens at these things anyway? If it is a show-and-tell then I'm afraid I don't have much to show, but I sure would like to check out some other lights. Anyone have a powerful HID they can show me? :eek:

Eric- I would be up for the night bushwalk if we can find enough people interested? :thumbsup:

1 what

Enlightened
No powerful HID i'm afraid but I'm trying hard to get some extra throw out of a P7.....will post it if I can get decent performance....score to date = 1xRIP P7!:poof:

SunnyQueensland

Enlightened
:bumpit:
Any more movement on this one? I am definately in for early December.

SunnyQLD how powerful do you want the HID?

I had little knowledge of HID a few months back, I was not aware of the long startup times involved. I posted that request before I had heard of the P7 as well. Now- if anyone has a multi-emitter P7 setup, that would be impressive to see. :huh:

SQ

Citivolus

Enlightened
While December is still a ways away, it would probably be good to narrow it down to a specific weekend at this point. I'm open for any at this point, but I know some of you have mentioned more specific restrictions on your time.

Regards,
Eric

1 what

Enlightened
Hi Eric/Guys,
I'm good for the last WE in Nov and the 1st and 2nd WE in Dec.
Might be able to manage a ramble around Mt Cotton before then if a few of you are interested. After a number of failed attempts to produce real throw from a P7 I ended up doing a camping light (posted in "homemade and modofied" section). Still playing with the throw project though.

KeeperSD

Enlightened
I get down to the SE around the 7th of Dec, but realistically probably won't be in Brisbane until mid week the following week, about the 9/12. So any time after that i will be in.

Is it best to be a weekend or can it be done mid week?

OldGreyGuy

Enlightened
Some other members from Brisbane who I've seen posting here are SunnyQueensland, gadgetnerd and OldGreyGuy but I'm sure there are more than that. Hopefully they see this thread and chime in.
I had a quick get together with lightmeup recently and he mentioned an end of year get together. I'll be away in October and early November but will be available in the Brisbane region.