Budget Showerhead Mag Drop-in.

g.p.

Enlightened
Just checked Wholesale Sports and they have a big Maglite selection. They had the old 3D and a 4C as well. I've never seen the 4C in person before until tonight. I didn't realize that it's not much longer than the 3D. I think that I'm going to go with that one as it's cheaper too! :twothumbs

offroad

Newly Enlightened
I've never seen the 4C in person before until tonight.

Lucky You.

I've never seen any C models locally only D versions. I've thought thought about getting a 3C since it wouldn't be any longer than an 2D and would have a smaller tube.

Nasty

Newly Enlightened
My two new units advertised as warmer arrived today...sure enough, they are visually much warmer, approaching neutral.

I now have a 2,3 & 4 D Mag with these installed. The 4D is running 5 C cells in a piece of PVC pipe, the 3D has 3 of the $1 KD 3xAA>D adapters in it and the 2D has, well, 2D.

I need a couple more of the cheapo adapters...they work fine for this showerhead.

I suppose I could throw a couple of 18650's in it, but that would like pearls before swine, eh?

Nasty

Newly Enlightened
All 9...plain old Duracells. I'm sure that I am losing a lot through the carriers, switch and tailspring. No issues so far.

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose I could throw a couple of 18650's in it, but that would like pearls before swine, eh?
The 2D works well with two 18650's also the 2C works well with two 18500's ... The 2C looks nicer and is smaller and easier to carry , but the two 18650's give better run-time plus it can be used with six AA Eneloops and if you really need to , it will use two D cells.

Anyway , my Wife won't give me the 2C back so I had to make the 2D showerhead for myself ... It's too big for her to use so I'm safe with it.

Jiffy

Newly Enlightened
I'm waiting in mine arriving. 400lm of flood for 9 hours on 6aa sounds like it could be pretty good for a headlamp so I'm toying with idea of taking the head of the mag and fixing it onto an old Petzl Zoom. Failing that I'll just get the ducktape out!

funkymonkey1111

Enlightened
I'm waiting in mine arriving. 400lm of flood for 9 hours on 6aa sounds like it could be pretty good for a headlamp so I'm toying with idea of taking the head of the mag and fixing it onto an old Petzl Zoom. Failing that I'll just get the ducktape out!

post pics when you do

funkymonkey1111

Enlightened
My two new units advertised as warmer arrived today...sure enough, they are visually much warmer, approaching neutral.

I now have a 2,3 & 4 D Mag with these installed. The 4D is running 5 C cells in a piece of PVC pipe, the 3D has 3 of the $1 KD 3xAA>D adapters in it and the 2D has, well, 2D.

I need a couple more of the cheapo adapters...they work fine for this showerhead.

i don't know about all these battery converters, etc--are using 3xAA's better (more power, more output) than the D cells?

Nasty

Newly Enlightened
Yup...more voltage (up to 9 anyway) makes it run brighter and more cells (at least to my eye) reduces sag.

I can always in an emergency revert to simple D cells, but while things are good, I'm trying to get the best flood I can without spending much money.

jacktheclipper

Enlightened
Just received two more dropins from the warm run , along with the free AAA penlight . The tint of the new dropins is definitely better . If you've been on the fence about buying one of these because of the tint I believe this batch could change your mind . :thumbsup: Not nearly as blue , but with the same level of illumination .

The penlight is nothing special , as it has a very blue beam with artifacts but it will probably have a long runtime and use up every bit of juice out of a couple of AAAs .

These dropins are for my friends , so we can all have cheap light cannons .

:)

Quest4fire

Enlightened
Just received two more dropins from the warm run , along with the free AAA penlight . The tint of the new dropins is definitely better . If you've been on the fence about buying one of these because of the tint I believe this batch could change your mind . :thumbsup: Not nearly as blue , but with the same level of illumination .

The penlight is nothing special , as it has a very blue beam with artifacts but it will probably have a long runtime and use up every bit of juice out of a couple of AAAs .

These dropins are for my friends , so we can all have cheap light cannons .

:)
Uh oh! I've been enjoying the shower head I got a couple months ago (Even with the blue tint it's awesome) but it might be time to pull the trigger on a couple more. Especially with warmer LED's.

Nasty

Newly Enlightened
I bought two of the newer warm...well worth it.

I expect to buy a few more if they start making multi level as he said he would look into.

g.p.

Enlightened
Got mine today and installed it in my 4C Maglite. I must say this is pretty good for a $20 drop-in with no reflector. Of course it doesn't compare to my TK45, but it blows away the stock Mag for sure. Much better than I expected! :grin2:

Notsure Fire

Enlightened
Pretty amazing. What a great idea. How come noone's thought of that? Seems like the showerheads have been ignored.

richpalm

Banned
Well, you all talked me into ordering one. :shakehead Got a couple Mags sitin' here rotting and I need flooders.

Rich

jacktheclipper

Enlightened
Well , I installed a warm module in a 2C mag that I modded to 3 123A and
I'll have to say that the amount of OTF light , coupled with the form factor , make this a serious contender in the ' sleeper light ' category .

:naughty:

Latest posts