Burnt E2e KL1 -- RESTORATION COMPLETED!!!!!

skillet

Enlightened
Ok, folks..

I got the story off to Surefire today.. I'm a terrible writer and probably didn't do the tale justice..

I sent in two.. One in regard to this thread and another about a M6 getting my children and I home safely on a cold, wet, foggy night when the alternator went out on the car..

Gordon

I'll keep you'all updated...
Thanks!!

skillet

Enlightened
Well, it's been about a year since this scenario unfolded and my son's light has bee stored away waiting......

Thanks to silentstorm16, were gonna put this soldier back into duty and I thought you'all might like a few pictures of "his" new lease on life..

IMG_8071.jpg

IMG_8072.jpg

IMG_8075.jpg

IMG_8076.jpg

IMG_8077.jpg

IMG_8079.jpg

IMG_8080.jpg

IMG_8081.jpg

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
:rock: I can't believe that this thing came back to life ! Nice Job.

What ever happened with Surefire? Did they print the story or offer to replace or anything?

Illum

Flashaholic
Suddenly it just became clear to me how wine lights are made:D
PK probably made the same mistake but turned out to be a color he found profitable to sell

greenLED

Flashaholic
Yeah.. I even relinquished use back to my son (the original user).. I just told him he owed me for a E2DL head...
I thought you had paid somebody to machine you a bottom section of the burnt head and rebuilt it with a new circuit, optics, and LED.

skillet

Enlightened
I had run a few things around.. but nothing ever developed that we followed through.. So.. we just waited, let him use a 6P.. really we had forgotten about it for a while.. Stored safely in the parts bins.. Then a great deal came up on a used head.. I had already bought the E2DL head to use on a single cell body... but I wasn't happy with it.. so my son gets the head and here we go.... I told him this morning on the way to school it had been about a year since it went missing and then we found it.. He packed it today for the first time.. Fits the pocket a little better than the 6P.. Mom had been complaining about the damage it was causing his jeans.. but come on... that's just acceptable collateral damage in the life a flashaholic...

Last edited:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just incredible. The phoenix rises from the ashes like you wouldn't believe.

I would pack him off with a cheap Fenix and keep that SF for myself if I were you ;)

Stumbled across your thread while searching for KL3 disassembly instructions. This is probably not quite the disassembly I will be trying though!

Cascade Range

Newly Enlightened
Great thread, really enjoyed the job you did on it. I'm sure it will stay in the family for years to come and make a fine story to tell others on those stormy evenings when the power goes out and all are huddled around "the light." :)

nick-nack

Newly Enlightened
Amazing job at restoring!

Knowing me I would of just been very upset and thrown it out as a lost cause.

Xacto

Enlightened
Many have told you already what a great job you did with the light. I second that.

Let me tell you something else.... you are a great dad!
Giving your son such a fine light, not reprimanding him for loosing it, loaning him a 6P, resurrecting this light and giving it back to him - tell him he should feel lucky for having such a great, flashaholic dad!

Cheers
Thorsten

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is so cool that you were able to restore it so well. I have a few lights with character, but not that much character!

daf3m

Enlightened
Nice work there..!And of course a huge bravo..!Your son is very lucky to own this flashlight..!:)