Busted Olight M30 Lens Need Help

Bladedude

Newly Enlightened
Ok so my Olight M30 took a drop from 15 feet onto solid concrete:oops:
The lens was cracked and shattered so i took out the remaining pieces and now i have no lens and its no longer under warranty.

Does anyone know the size of this lens and where i can get one. I don't have a calipar to meausure. Also has anyone taken the M30 apart?:shrug:
I know the head comes off but its sealed and i cant get it to budge.
Much appreciated.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok so my Olight M30 took a drop from 15 feet onto solid concrete:oops:
The lens was cracked and shattered so i took out the remaining pieces and now i have no lens and its no longer under warranty.

Does anyone know the size of this lens and where i can get one. I don't have a calipar to meausure. Also has anyone taken the M30 apart?:shrug:
I know the head comes off but its sealed and i cant get it to budge.
Much appreciated.

WOW, solid concrete is the worst possible surface that I could imagine.

Was there any other damage to the torch?

I would be worried if I dropped mine onto a timber floor from 3 feet.

The Olights like some other modern torches are slick looking and sophisticated in their operation but I don't think they feel solid.

The torch body walls are pretty thin looking in comparison to other similarly priced brands.

When you buy Surefire you are paying for solid durable reliabilty but at double the cost or more.

The Catapult V2 also feels very solid compared to the Olight M series.

I have owned an Olight M30 for nearly a year now and it has never had a fall so far.

I have always worried about my torch taking a hard drop and surviving.

It has been a great torch.

What a "wall of light" this thing puts out.

It is more of a flooder than a thrower.

I have not been able to get the head off my torch either.

I have only just sent it back under warranty because the torch body screw threads wore out.

I looked after the screw threads with much care and I got a lot of flack from people saying that I should have kept the threads clean and greased with Silicone Grease.

That is exactly what I had done since new.

I posted about this below.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/290911

I hope you get a new glass ok to fix your M30.

I am sure you will get some good advice from this forum. :twothumbs

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would try contacting any of the Olight dealers to see what size the lens is and whether they carry replacements or can get one for you. Once you find out the size (diameter and thickness), you can also try seeing if a UCL lens is available.
The thickness of the walls has nothing to do with protecting the lens from breaking in a drop. I'm sure most of us has seen the picture of a SF 6P that stopped a bullet (9mm I believe)...now in that case, the wall thickness would play a big role.

Bladedude

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Oztorchfreak for posting the link and Jsr for advising to contact the dealer for lens size. I will contact the dealer in a day or so to see if i can get a replacement or at least the size.

To answer your question Oztorch, no other damage was done to my light after it smacked the concrete:thumbsup: the anodizing was not scratched either which surprised me. This is my one and only Olight and Its a good light however, i must agree with you saying the walls are thin and they don't feel solid. For such a relatively big and expensive light i did expect it to be more tank-like. It is not my edc but i do use it as a bike light and around the house. Compared to my Fenix Ta-21 the Olight feels light and weak though the Fenix is built like a tank and has fallen off my bike as well as an atv going 50mph with no damage. I do like the M30 and hope the threads hold up, sorry to hear yours got worn down.:sigh:

Thanks for the advice and I'll let you guys know about the lens in a couple days.lovecpf

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Oztorchfreak for posting the link and Jsr for advising to contact the dealer for lens size. I will contact the dealer in a day or so to see if i can get a replacement or at least the size.

To answer your question Oztorch, no other damage was done to my light after it smacked the concrete:thumbsup: the anodizing was not scratched either which surprised me. This is my one and only Olight and Its a good light however, i must agree with you saying the walls are thin and they don't feel solid. For such a relatively big and expensive light i did expect it to be more tank-like. It is not my edc but i do use it as a bike light and around the house. Compared to my Fenix Ta-21 the Olight feels light and weak though the Fenix is built like a tank and has fallen off my bike as well as an atv going 50mph with no damage. I do like the M30 and hope the threads hold up, sorry to hear yours got worn down.:sigh:

Thanks for the advice and I'll let you guys know about the lens in a couple days.lovecpf

Did you happen to notice which part of the torch it fell on or did you just shut your eyes and cringe in fear?

It must have some marks on it in that sort of fall.

Your Olight dealer should be able to help you or send an email directly to Olight.

How long have you had your Olight M30 for?

I would like to upgrade to the M31 but I am not convinced now of Olight durability.

My threads are not anodized and the wall thickness is pretty thin. :wave:

Bladedude

Newly Enlightened
Did you happen to notice which part of the torch it fell on or did you just shut your eyes and cringe in fear?

It must have some marks on it in that sort of fall.

How long have you had your Olight M30 for?

Actually both,:ohgeez:shut my eyes and cringed then opened them just in time to seet it hit on the front bezel. Interesting you brought the "shut your eyes and cringe in fear" up, i guess i am not the only one that does this? Seems like its a reflex to me as i don't even think about it but subconsciously hope it would somehow miraculously help, yeah right.:(
Anyway there were no marks on the light itself, just the stainless steel bezel got a little chipped, guess I should have mentioned that earlier.

I've had my M30 about 14 months.