buying real Surefire bezels & aftermarket bezel quality

dhwfd46

Newly Enlightened
I've used the search function to no avail. Can I buy C series bezels directly from Surefire or not? I'm getting tired of looking for a HA C2 or M2 bezel for my 2x18650 Leef/Malkoff lego. I can't even find a 6p bezel right now. There were tons of them on here before I bought the Leef tube. Don't have the funds to go the LU60 route just to get a bezel. I know all about the G&P and Solarforce stuff, but I'd rather keep it all North American. I just don't like buying Chinese stuff. Thought about a SS solarforce, but I'm leary about putting dissimilar metals together.

Thanks,
Dave

signal 13

Enlightened
I recently called SF and bought the Z44 in HA for $25 + shipping. Matches perfectly with my HA 1x18650 Leef Body!

Apparently, they won't sell the M2 bezel by itself.

I ended up buying an LU60 anyway for my Millenium Weaponlight for use with a Malkoff. I considered using the Z44 on the weaponlight, since the Malkoff doesn't need shock isolation like an incan does. I was going to put the M2 bezel on my Leef Body, but it really is a large bezel, and I prefer the compactness of the C2/Z44 bezel on the Leef Body.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
You've got to check out the MarketPlace. Sometimes you'll find someone parting out a Surefire light. I see a variety of SF bezels for sale frequently. I just snagged a z41 tailcap and 6P bezel (both in black) off the MarketPlace three days ago. They're going to be perfect for my Leef 2x18500, C-C body. (Basically a Leef-bodied 9P).

You could post a WTB topic in the Lights/Buy sub-forum.

dhwfd46

Newly Enlightened
I've googled Surefire Z44 numerous times and came up with a bunch of dead links. A lot of places used to carry Z44s but when you try to go to the page you find on google, it's no longer there :thinking:; prime example is lighthound (whom I have nothing but praise for.)

I'll just call SF today if I can order a Z44HA direct.:twothumbs

Thanks,
Dave