Car stolen Saturday.I got it back earlier today.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Re: Car was stolen today. Not got home yet.

Sorry to hear that Jon. It's too bad that insurance does not cover the car's contents. If recovered without the batteries you can try cruising the flea markets till they show.

I'm not a lojack advocate. but I've heard that smart thives park the car for a few hours to see if the lojack was activated.

The best alarm is one that will also sound off inside the house. When mine was activated I did not recognize it as such. Adding a small transmitter / receiver from a cordless doorbell corrected that problem.

Daniel

kaseri

Enlightened

Just have a "pain generator" installed as well as a hidden backup battery. Let em try to stand being in a car with that damn "pain generator" going off.

BobVA

Enlightened

Your household insurance may cover the items in your car. Good luck man!

Bob

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just wanted to offer my condolences and hopes for a safe recovery of car and merchandise as well. I never had a car stolen but had one broken in and remember how pissed off and violated I felt upon finding that out. Both locks were destroyed with a screwdriver when both of us could be done a favor by just having a window broken.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks everybody. I am going to do everything I can to recover from this. I lost alot in this and some people are now going to get their orders late. I have probably been bothering the police too much with phone calls.

Mutie

Enlightened

Man that sucks big time. I hope you recover everything. Best of luck.

Mutie

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just read this and sorry to hear about your mishap jon. I am sure you will recover.

Curtis

verbie

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif sorry to hear your lost. hope you get ur car and *crossing finger* lights back soon.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,

Man I just can't belive it. May they rot in he77. Sorry to hear this. I hope it's recovered.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

My sympathies, I hope you get both car and contents back soon. Hopefully the thieves don't know nuts about batteries and just abandon car and contents somewhere you can get it back.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Wow. All I can say is I hope the culprit tears open the batteries out of curisotiy or somethin' and then walks out into the - RAIN!

Jon I'm sorry I was not able to talk with you more on the phone today, you know what was happening on my end.

Good luck and I hope they catch the crummy bastid! And remember my advice was based on local standards and experience, I have no idea about your area...

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*

Jon I hope it works out for you....in the meantime if the police act fast there still may be a chance.I have noticed the new trend is to actually grab a car and park it nearby among a lot of other cars to blend in or kind of hide in plain sight....The thieves then return later and drive it out when it is more easy to do so without someone looking for a fresh stolen.
I have recovered many cars,undamaged,just miles or even blocks away from where they were stolen.Most of the times Apartment complexes make good hiding spots as there are so many cars there they blend in well.I have even recovered some cars that were parked at nearby car dealerships on the used lot.A lot of cops will simply drive past these places without thinking to look.
Check the areas parking lots,hotels,shopping malls,car lots...etc:...you may just get lucky.And man it does hurt to have something just taken from you.I hope it works out as I truly do despise people who will steal simply because they can.
Good luck

snowman

Newly Enlightened

Hey, JonSidneyB . Sorry to hear about your car. I have had mine stolen before too, it's a headache for sure but you will probably get the car back.

I ended up installing a homemade immobilizer that only took two relays and a diode to build. If you want more info I have a document outlining the construction and installation in my Pathfinder. Just PM me.

RH

Enlightened

Hi Jon,

I'm very sorry to hear this. It seems like when it rains it pours.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

Back when cars has a single coil, I would wire either a hot wire or a ground (depending) into the system so that the car would crank but not start until the switch was thrown.

Sure wish I had done the Malibu that way...

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can recover from the lost car. The lost batteries on the other hand might sink me.
I am a little confused by the police. I got to talk to the detective this morning. It seems that he was not interested in the contents of the car. I tried to explain to him the contents would be distinctive since I am the only one in Indiana with this item. I have no Indiana customers. I have Customers from almost all the others states though.

The police told me when they find the car then they will worry about the contents.

Is this normal?

Well, the car has been gone 28 hours now.

kaseri

Enlightened

Jon,

Unfortunatly this is the way car theft works. The contents of your car may not be covered by your auto insurance policy. We just went through the same bull when our car was recently stolen. The problem is that you really have no way of actually proving what the contents of your car was at the time of theft. The good news is that most cars are recovered in a week. But as I understand it the contents of your car were more valuable to you than the car was. Man, I really feel for you on this.

When our car was stolen, I wished kidney stones on the thief, lots and lots of kidney stones. Now if you've ever had kidney stones, you know what I'm talking about!

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast

There is only liability insurance anyway on this. I have had to cut alot of corners on my daily life to get these created.

It just surprised me when they really didn't want to know the items in the car.

kaseri

Enlightened

I feel for you...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

glenthemole

Newly Enlightened

man, i feel real bad for you.

I've never bought any of your batteries, but have read lots of your posts and seen how much trouble getting these created were. Now you finaly have them they are whisked away!

I really hope it ends ok, you deserve it. You seem like a really great guy to me.