cave exploring. need light advice.

cy

Flashaholic
sorry about that... should have been more clear...

recommended search for stenlight, so one could easily find responses from other cpf cavers. comments are not limited to stenlights. loads of feedback of other lights used.

not everyone has $300 to spend on a caving light. but results could be deadly if all your lights failed.

Years back during maglite days (pre-cpf), caving trip near Grand Lake, OK. ALL of our lights failed. All my caving buddy's lights failed and my 3C maglite and 2x AA maglite failed too.

after an holy sh*t moment... dug out my backup maglite bulbs and spare cells. got my maglites working again!

Illum_the_nation said:
IDKAY, but stenlights definitely greater than 100$...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cy
you need advice from some cavers... do a search on stenlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhackett03
well, true. but we're looking at a $100 maximum for both lights total. so, $70 for this light. and the light has to be TOUGH.

Geologist

Enlightened
Like others have stated -

make sure you have AT LEAST THREE seperate dependable sources of light. I also no longer use carbide lanterns (a mess to deal with)- used to carry one as a backup - but these days, high quality headlamp setups simply rock for output and runtime. LED's make a good choice these days, especially since they are more shockproof.