Cerakote Brought New Love To My D10's/EX10's

jblackwood

Enlightened
Aluminum is soft, so you're tight, it's going to flex and become damaged faster than a rolled steel slide of a Sig P226. What we're talking about is protecting the aluminum, but nothing short of a steel sleeve is going to stop a metal-to-metal deformation of the aluminum. If the fall to the concrete is less than 160lbs of force, there should be no measurable damage.] to the Cerakote.

If you check out my sales thread, I pulled a quote from the NICIndustries website that shows that Cerakote can withstand 160lbs impact, and ca flex 180 degrees with 0 paint loss. Electron Guru's hosts (as well as mine) can withstand much more punishment than traditional anodizing. And, since the Cerakote adheres to the anodized finish, yur getting triple protection. The question is, why wouldn't you use Cerakote for your EDC lights?

Here, I used a pair of metal pliers and wrenched on the head of this Blue Titanium Cerakote host. As you can see, only the peaks where damaged. No flacking or peeling occurs. Again, at 180 degrees, you could theoretically cut the light down one side and flip it inside out without the Cerakote being damaged.

HOGGER, Electron Guru as the link to his sales thread in his sig right above you. It's a one-stop shopping experience!

I get what you're saying about the hardness of Cerakote when it's on Aluminum, I'm just not sure why you decided to show a picture of it on Titanium since it's harder than Aluminum and less prone to having its anodizing flake off because of it's properties. Do you have any Aluminum Cerakoted hosts that have undergone similar treatments with pliers? (Never hurts to ask)

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Family Photo
DSC_0413.jpg

What is the story/specs on the two orange and black coated lights in this pic? One is in the foreground on right and the other I spied in the back with only the tail and clip visible. They look awesome. I'd love to find out more about what coating they received, who did it, etc. Thanks!

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
they were some custom splash anodized lights by swissbianco.

Thanks! I searched and found some posts by him. I would do anything to get my hands on one of the orange anno'd ones! If anyones knows somebody who would be willing to part with theirs, please let me know. Great collection of Nitecores jslappa!

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish swissbianco could churn out some anno faster, I really like it! Here's my l2p.

light004.jpg

jslappa

Enlightened
I get what you're saying about the hardness of Cerakote when it's on Aluminum, I'm just not sure why you decided to show a picture of it on Titanium since it's harder than Aluminum and less prone to having its anodizing flake off because of it's properties. Do you have any Aluminum Cerakoted hosts that have undergone similar treatments with pliers? (Never hurts to ask)

I see where our impasse is coming from JB. The actual name of the Cerakote color is "Titanium Blue". I didn't Cerakote a titanium light. I only sent OEM D10's and EX10's made of aluminum to be Cerakoted. I don't know if I would have the guts to send in a Titanium light, and I don't know how well it would stick either.I know that aluminum is porous enough that Cerakote will stick exceptionally well. I don't know how naturallyporous 6/4 Ti is.

So, the damage you see is on an aluminum light coated with Cerakote in "Titanium Blue".

jslappa

Enlightened
:twothumbsI'm glad you like them. I'll be starting a sales thread shortly to see if any members would like some Cerakoted hosts. However, to save money for both parties involved, each of you will send me the host to be coated. I will not require you to purchase an entire new light. This should really benefit those who would like their EDC or otherwise cosmetically damaged lights restored to a new beauty.

This service will not be just for the D10/EX10. Any aluminum host can be used. Obviously, the larger the host, the higher the cost, and I haven't figured that part out yet, but I am guessing about $32 to coat a D10-size host in one of about 29 different colors.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
:twothumbsI'm glad you like them. I'll be starting a sales thread shortly to see if any members would like some Cerakoted hosts. However, to save money for both parties involved, each of you will send me the host to be coated. I will not require you to purchase an entire new light. This should really benefit those who would like their EDC or otherwise cosmetically damaged lights restored to a new beauty.

This service will not be just for the D10/EX10. Any aluminum host can be used. Obviously, the larger the host, the higher the cost, and I haven't figured that part out yet, but I am guessing about $32 to coat a D10-size host in one of about 29 different colors.

Sounds sweet John. Thanks for planning to offer this service to CPF!

jblackwood

Enlightened
I see where our impasse is coming from JB. The actual name of the Cerakote color is "Titanium Blue". I didn't Cerakote a titanium light. I only sent OEM D10's and EX10's made of aluminum to be Cerakoted. I don't know if I would have the guts to send in a Titanium light, and I don't know how well it would stick either.I know that aluminum is porous enough that Cerakote will stick exceptionally well. I don't know how naturallyporous 6/4 Ti is.

So, the damage you see is on an aluminum light coated with Cerakote in "Titanium Blue".

OIC. Killer looking lights, especially when you consider that they'll take a beating. :wave::thumbsup: