Cheap but bullet-proof AA EDC for non-flashaholics

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you considered the Gerber Infinity Ultra? Not nearly as bright as some of the others, but a very long runtime on a single AA cell, and it will take either alkaline or lithium cells. I gave one each to a couple of non-flashaholics, and they called it, "The best flashlight I've ever owned!" Okay, they don't have much experience, but it is supposed to be tough, and can frequently be found for under $15 on the web. Small enough to easily edc, and the clip will allow you clip it to the bill of a baseball cap for hands-free use if you are so inclined. Only one level, screw-on/screw-off, and you can't access the head to mess with the led. They are not perfect - the body anodizing covers the reflector, which is exposed and collects lint. I bought a few on clearance sale a while back for $5 each, and I consider them about the best bang for a buck I've ever found in a flashlight. I got them to give away, except for one which I keep as a loaner, if needed.

Last edited:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have owned Inova X1 (1AA) flashlights since the first generation. The latest version is rated for 25 lumens and has worked reliably since I bought it at Target for $20.

Expect 2 to 4 hours runtime when using Energizer lithium primary batteries.

Lately, I have been carrying the 25 lumen Inova X1 daily in a Mini Maglite belt holster.

holster-mm2.jpg

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly man, if you're looking for a flashlight to hand out to everyone you know, I can offer only one suggestion: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1253

I ordered 4 packs of those last year, then brought all 40 little lights to work and gave one to everyone. Since then, I've come to work with light after light, AA and AAA and 123A - you name it. The one light that everyone still carries and uses is the little squeezie DX one. Same with family: I taped one to each of their Christmas gifts last year and of all the lights I've given them, it's the only one I see them carry and use. They're perfect for the everyman - and they're so cheap you can get tons and just give out new ones when they lose the old one.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly man, if you're looking for a flashlight to hand out to everyone you know, I can offer only one suggestion: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1253

I ordered 4 packs of those last year, then brought all 40 little lights to work and gave one to everyone. Since then, I've come to work with light after light, AA and AAA and 123A - you name it. The one light that everyone still carries and uses is the little squeezie DX one. Same with family: I taped one to each of their Christmas gifts last year and of all the lights I've given them, it's the only one I see them carry and use. They're perfect for the everyman - and they're so cheap you can get tons and just give out new ones when they lose the old one.

The op is looking for AA cell.:poke:

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't remember the name of the company that actually makes the AA powered Terralux lights, but they are a well known flashlight company overseas and I thought that they provided the exact same lights for the police officers in the Far East.

Latest posts