Cheaper solution for McClicky in Solarforce tailcaps

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is your light still waterproof after the clicky install? I want to upgrade mine, but am worried it will leak.

The stock switch & tailcaps are rated submersible to 2m, iirc.
I don't see why it shouldn't hold its water tightness after changing the switch.

And i haven been caught in a heavy rain, nor have I did a submerging test yet.
I'll try & see if I can get something...

- JonK

Tiresius

Enlightened
I have not any luck with installing them onto a solarforce host. The stock hosts can handle up to 3a and I feel that it's as far as I would like to go on a D26 setup...WITH an XP-G2 :p I'm also curious as to how well it is with water resistant.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not any luck with installing them onto a solarforce host. The stock hosts can handle up to 3a and I feel that it's as far as I would like to go on a D26 setup...WITH an XP-G2 :p I'm also curious as to how well it is with water resistant.

You mean the brass ring?
I managed to fit them into all, except 1 of my Solarforce tailcaps.
As for water resistance, it will be good for wet weather as far as I've tried.
Have not tried submerging test yet...

- JonK

Tiresius

Enlightened
You mean the brass ring?
I managed to fit them into all, except 1 of my Solarforce tailcaps.
As for water resistance, it will be good for wet weather as far as I've tried.
Have not tried submerging test yet...

- JonK

I meant your version for the solarforce. Not too sure how the smaller switch with little support will press up against the boot inside. I haven't got myself one of overready's mcclicky setup. I assume that it's waterproof and submersible.

I always machine mines to exact specs of the rubber boots and tailcap. That'll allow me to submerge it.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I meant your version for the solarforce. Not too sure how the smaller switch with little support will press up against the boot inside. I haven't got myself one of overready's mcclicky setup. I assume that it's waterproof and submersible.

I always machine mines to exact specs of the rubber boots and tailcap. That'll allow me to submerge it.

Hmm, like i said so far it has been waterproof but I've yet to test it out submerged.

And under the rubber boot, there is a plaster washer that allows the McClicky to sit on nicely.
And the shrink wrap ensures that the retaining ring is snug fit & properly centered.
It should have the proper support that it needs.

And at which step that you are not able to fit the switch into the tailcap?

- JonK

Last edited: