• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Chimera Mini Pre-Pay Sale

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
In no way does this Hijack my thread..
If anything, It peaks more interest in this stuffs :twothumbs

ledcarry

Enlightened
Nfetterly,
Great finish work on your mini and thanks for sharing the member artist.
I will look to do something similar after acquiring one in a trade.

JM

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is an addition to that beautiful anodized light :
IMG_7723.jpg

IMG_7727.jpg

I just got my brass screws in.. If anybody wants them, Just ask :)

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is an addition to that beautiful anodized light :
IMG_7723.jpg

IMG_7727.jpg

I just got my brass screws in.. If anybody wants them, Just ask :)

WOW - given how good they look with my light I want them!

I liked the black ones (so if you could include those for a change out that would be great) - but these REALLY finish off the light nicely.

Options / Options / Options - you just never stop!!

:hitit::hitit::hitit::hitit::hitit::hitit::hitit:

Neale

ledcarry

Enlightened
Neale,
That is a great look with the brass screws. Great job and an inspiration to get me moving on my new creation! I'm sure I will have questions for you too. :D
JM

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey Neale,
I was going to give you a few different sets of screws to play with :cool:
Brass, Stainless, Buttontop Stainless, and Black Oxide Steel...

Actually, Anyone who wants more screws, Just ask :grin2:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's time for a bump - I showed this to someone at work & had to go down a page!

Robert - any update on finishing it up / shipping?

Or are you just enjoying looking at it & wondering what else you can do to it? :poke::poke::poke::whistle::whistle::whistle:

If you wanted to fit the laser in it, I might consider waiting some more....

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's time for a bump - I showed this to someone at work & had to go down a page!

Robert - any update on finishing it up / shipping?

Or are you just enjoying looking at it & wondering what else you can do to it? :poke::poke::poke::whistle::whistle::whistle:

If you wanted to fit the laser in it, I might consider waiting some more....

Yours should be ready for early next week shipping :hitit:

Buuuuut, I might just have to keep it because its sooooo purdy! :eek: :devil:

reptiles

Enlightened
hey Neale,
I was going to give you a few different sets of screws to play with :cool:
Brass, Stainless, Buttontop Stainless, and Black Oxide Steel...

Actually, Anyone who wants more screws, Just ask :grin2:

Although the brass looks nice with that color ano, I'd be most interested in button top screws -- I think they would protect the top face a bit from scratches. I've been constantly polishing out scratches and smudges that my EDC Chimera no longer has any satin finish --its all shiny (like the polished edges) yet still shows EDC nicks. I think I just like polishing it.
naughty.gif

Perhaps you can include button tops with my upcoming light?

Cheers,

Mark

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mark, that is an interesting observation. The top (reverse side from on/off/control button) of my Chimera has become "dinged", marked---whatever you wish to call it--just through use. It is the broad area of bare Titanium which is exposed that makes marking a probability. I do NOT believe however that use of the button screws will prevent this from happening. I epoxied (or was it Super glued?) four disk magnets to the side opposite the on/off button so that I am able to attach the Chimera mini to any ferrous metal surface (refrigerator, etc) to anchor it in place. Now these magnets are located at the four corners of the light and despite the fact that they do protrude from the surface of the side of the light (I wager more so than the use of the button screws) I still have marks on that side of the light (as well as on the switch side). Now I take great care of all my lights and most look just as they did when I bought them so it isn't as if I have been beating the tar out of this particular light. I do EDC it however but I do so in a Rip-Offs case which provides complete protection--when the light is cased. In short, I think either you get used to frequent polishing to maintain that brushed finish or, get used to the inevitable "beauty marks".

Karl

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took a few upclose pics of the new screws... Enjoy!
You can see the Stainless Torx, And Button Top..
Then the Brass, And Black Oxide screws :cool:

reptiles

Enlightened
Mark, that is an interesting observation. The top (reverse side from on/off/control button) of my Chimera has become "dinged", marked---whatever you wish to call it--just through use. It is the broad area of bare Titanium which is exposed that makes marking a probability. I do NOT believe however that use of the button screws will prevent this from happening. I epoxied (or was it Super glued?) four disk magnets to the side opposite the on/off button so that I am able to attach the Chimera mini to any ferrous metal surface (refrigerator, etc) to anchor it in place. Now these magnets are located at the four corners of the light and despite the fact that they do protrude from the surface of the side of the light (I wager more so than the use of the button screws) I still have marks on that side of the light (as well as on the switch side). Now I take great care of all my lights and most look just as they did when I bought them so it isn't as if I have been beating the tar out of this particular light. I do EDC it however but I do so in a Rip-Offs case which provides complete protection--when the light is cased. In short, I think either you get used to frequent polishing to maintain that brushed finish or, get used to the inevitable "beauty marks".

Karl

Hi Karl,

Actually depending on the clip (if used) position, the top could be either side <grin> Flat square torches don't seem to fit into the old fashioned cylindrical techno-lingo.

I do understand your point, but if you envision button-top screws protruding from the surface; and *that* surface being subjected to sliding around a flat workbench... the dimension of the button head would raise the surface by an equal amount. However, keeping the Chimera in my pocket with coins and other titanium goodies tends to start the creation of an ever so sloooowly tumbled finish.

This is actually new territory for me as I've never carried anything as frequently as my Chimera Mini.

Clearly some experiments are in order <grin.>

I sometime place mine down on the (unclipped) switch side and it gets dinged. However, since this is such an intriguing design, and of great usefulness to me, everyday (I use both the light & USB flash at work) I do not mind that it shows signs of use.

However, I wouldn't call any surface on mine "brushed" -- it is highly polished mirror finish WITH significant dings/scratches. I love it.

I actually ordered a second unit, since I can't live (happily) without this device --and must have a backup.

The best part of all is engaging in conversation with like-minded enthusiasts since mere mortals never seem to understand.

I like the magnet idea, although I can't use them, as I occasionally work in a hospital MRI suite.

Cheers,

Mark

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Karl,

Actually depending on the clip (if used) position, the top could be either side <grin> Flat square torches don't seem to fit into the old fashioned cylindrical techno-lingo.

I do understand your point, but if you envision button-top screws protruding from the surface; and *that* surface being subjected to sliding around a flat workbench... the dimension of the button head would raise the surface by an equal amount. However, keeping the Chimera in my pocket with coins and other titanium goodies tends to start the creation of an ever so sloooowly tumbled finish.

This is actually new territory for me as I've never carried anything as frequently as my Chimera Mini.

Clearly some experiments are in order <grin.>

I sometime place mine down on the (unclipped) switch side and it gets dinged. However, since this is such an intriguing design, and of great usefulness to me, everyday (I use both the light & USB flash at work) I do not mind that it shows signs of use.

However, I wouldn't call any surface on mine "brushed" -- it is highly polished mirror finish WITH significant dings/scratches. I love it.

I actually ordered a second unit, since I can't live (happily) without this device --and must have a backup.

The best part of all is engaging in conversation with like-minded enthusiasts since mere mortals never seem to understand.

I like the magnet idea, although I can't use them, as I occasionally work in a hospital MRI suite.

Cheers,

Mark

As for the MRI machine.. You would be even better off
with using full Titanium or Brass screws for sake of the
intense magnetic field that the MRI machine generates.
Other than a few tiny parts of the electronics being only
slightly magnetic to a very strong rare-earth magnet,
I wouldn't worry about interactions withing the MRI itself.

lovecpf

reptiles

Enlightened
As for the MRI machine.. You would be even better off
with using full Titanium or Brass screws for sake of the
intense magnetic field that the MRI machine generates.
Other than a few tiny parts of the electronics being only
slightly magnetic to a very strong rare-earth magnet,
I wouldn't worry about interactions withing the MRI itself.

lovecpf

Actually my Chimera Mini passed all proximity safety tests with the MRI machines we use at my facility (with the stainless screws.) However variables exist, so this may not be the case elsewhere.

Regards,

Mark

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually my Chimera Mini passed all proximity safety tests with the MRI machines we use at my facility (with the stainless screws.) However variables exist, so this may not be the case elsewhere.

Regards,

Mark

Thats pretty cool!!!