Christmas Gifts XII - All Gone

PaulSR

Newly Enlightened
Re: Christmas Gifts XII

Keith, I received my light today, very nice!! And thank you for the additional batteries! That was unexpected.

Thank you!!!

ACruceSalus

Enlightened

ksbman said:
I don't remember anything about those 18650's. I had to take the label off in order to make them fit when I used the light at work. They aren't AW's. Those wouldn't fit.

Keith,

Received the U2 today and I'm quite impressed. It's obvious you've taken good care of it. I'm very much liking the six light levels. I see that it has a really nice tint and I don't see any green that plagued some Luxeons. The build is very solid. The balance is nice too. Overall I'm stunned how nice this light is especially given that it's about 10 years old. Thank you for the light and throwing in the 123 cells.

agnelucio

Newly Enlightened

Hey guys, so I know it's not directly relevant, but is there a specific day/week of the year when the thread to receive a gift is posted?

I completely missed the one last year, and I've just missed this year's (I'm not complaining, it's my fault). I'll still be a student next year, and I'm certainly not getting any richer, so I'll probably try again next year.

Thank you all, and have a Merry Christmas!

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey guys, so I know it's not directly relevant, but is there a specific day/week of the year when the thread to receive a gift is posted?

No, there is not. ksbman has said he won't run it next year...so unless someone else steps up, there might not be one at all. I would be willing, but I have my own thread to manage, and Christmas is by far the busiest time of year at work...I simply wouldn't be able to do the job properly. Hopefully there is someone else out there willing to take on the job. It is definitely a wonderful thing to have on the forum.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

No, there is not. ksbman has said he won't run it next year...so unless someone else steps up, there might not be one at all. I would be willing, but I have my own thread to manage, and Christmas is by far the busiest time of year at work...I simply wouldn't be able to do the job properly. Hopefully there is someone else out there willing to take on the job. It is definitely a wonderful thing to have on the forum.

Well, there was someone else the last handful of years. Perhaps another individual will step up as well. Heck, I've donated for the last several years and am willing to host the thirteenth Giveaway if no one else wants the responsibility. But I'd only do it with Keith's blessing.

ACruceSalus

Enlightened

horizonseeker thank you. The Yezl came today. I'm so glad to have participated in the Christmas giveaway.

Anybodysguess

Newly Enlightened
Received Petzl Myo XP and O'pen, both have already been put to use and are great! I love the slimness of the O'pen for being my new edc, always thought a light that long would be too long to edc, but as it turns out I'm liking the long slim light better than shorter fatter one.

The Petzl's flip up diffuser is PERFECT for working on computers, and I can flip it down when I need that throw when using it camping!

Thanks everyone!

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
PaulSR, Happpyfeet, your chargers and cells have shipped. Apologies for the wait, I was just too busy to do it earlier.

Happpyfeet, your tracking number is 8032 7814 7943.
PaulSR, your tracking number is 8032 7754 7205.

Both of them went FedEx Express. So the wait shouldn't be too much longer :thumbsup:.

xzel87

Enlightened
Hope everyone had a great Christmas!, it's a new feeling for me and my wife celebrating our first Christmas with our child :thumbsup:

Anyway doc, update on the tracking, apparently it did went to Lithuania :faint:, goos thing is current status showing its from Lithuania to Malaysia as at 27th December. Screenshot of tracking page below (Dropbox link).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r5c9gzvaocma5cn/Screenshot_2014-12-27-19-24-37.png?dl=0

Still not completely sure whether they sent it wrong to begin with or its part of the package transit route :eek:

radiopej

Enlightened
Ksbman, the Maelstrom arrived today and WOW is it awesome. Thank you so much. Extra thanks for all the additional goodies you loaded the box up with. I can't wait to donate to this thread. Thanks so much!

Romanko

Newly Enlightened

Got a package yesterday. Thank you very much. Very good flashlights and especially thanks for batteries. Vish you all great Christmas. :)

Happpyfeet

Newly Enlightened

My charger and batteries came today, Doc, thank you again so very much! Love the l'il UltraFire too!

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year and a great 2015!

xzel87

Enlightened

My flashlight generously gifted by thedoc007 finally arrived today!!! :party::party:, many thanks for the included keychain lights as well :)

First job for the light is to test the runtimes of my salvaged 18650 to see whether they can be used as spare batteries :twothumbs, I'll use these until my panasonics arrive (surface mail:eek:)

I really really like the magnetic tail cap and boy the magnet is strong!

Last edited:

mpett1

Newly Enlightened

Received the P60 starter kit w/ Solarforce XM-L2 host or a Vinh made XM-L host, donated by msim today and its awesome. Thanks Brother and MerryChrismas to everyone and Happy NewYear

msim

Enlightened

You're very welcome! Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Received the P60 starter kit w/ Solarforce XM-L2 host or a Vinh made XM-L host, donated by msim today and its awesome. Thanks Brother and MerryChrismas to everyone and Happy NewYear