• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Closed: CREE R2 WC XR-E LEDs

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Enrique!

Any chance of doing another sale of R2's or better bins, in WC tint?

Thanks!
AlexGT

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Enrique!

Thanks!
AlexGT

My vote would be for other tints, WC is too cool for my tastes. I hear WD is a really good tint being more pure white rather than bluish like WC. I'd like to see some WDs made available.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
My vote would be for other tints, WC is too cool for my tastes. I hear WD is a really good tint being more pure white rather than bluish like WC. I'd like to see some WDs made available.

The WC R2's that I got from Endeavour were a perfect white. I did not detect any blue, and I am sensitive to the overly harsh cool white tint.

I would be in for some more, too. :thumbsup:

X_Marine

Enlightened
Snooze you loose.. :ohgeez::ohgeez:

Don't know how I missed this but maybe next time now I'm hooked up. :thinking:
And thanks anyway Endeavour, your sales always rock.. :thumbsup:

X/BillyD..
icon14.gif

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Enrique!

Thanks!
AlexGT

Not in the foreseeable future. I usually make available extras from other projects here, and I don't anticipate using the XR-Es for a long time to come. I doubt there's sufficient interest to justify me taking a risk in buying a reel full of LEDs when I don't have a direct use for them myself.

-Enrique

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not in the foreseeable future. I usually make available extras from other projects here, and I don't anticipate using the XR-Es for a long time to come. I doubt there's sufficient interest to justify me taking a risk in buying a reel full of LEDs when I don't have a direct use for them myself.

-Enrique

No XR-Es in the foreseeable future huh? What emitter will you most likely have upcoming projects for? Did you know Nichia has got a new 100 degree surface mount emitter that does 200-220 lumens @ 550mA?

http://www.customlightfactory.com/p...=7&t=919&sid=4ee251ab11a917e54042866896045313

Please let us know if you've got any new offerings.

The WC R2's that I got from Endeavour were a perfect white. I did not detect any blue, and I am sensitive to the overly harsh cool white tint.

I would be in for some more, too.

Some of the WCs I've used have been pure white, but many have been a bit blueish. :thumbsdow Which is why I prefer a tint other than WC...er well for sure nothing cooler than that. So usually I prefer WG and WH.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen the entire line of Nichia products, as well as most other major manufacturer's lines in person, and I was not particularly impressed with anything Nichia had to offer. They may have pioneered the white LED back in the 1990s but they fell off the wagon long ago and both their original line of 5mm LEDs and their attempts at a foray into power LEDs have been lackluster. I'm always testing parts, but it's highly unlikely that I will use a part by them unless they have changed significantly from the previous stuff I've seen.

The LEDs I use depend on what the intended application is; until those projects are in existence, I couldn't say what it is will be used! :grin2:

-Enrique

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen the entire line of Nichia products, as well as most other major manufacturer's lines in person, and I was not particularly impressed with anything Nichia had to offer. They may have pioneered the white LED back in the 1990s but they fell off the wagon long ago and both their original line of 5mm LEDs and their attempts at a foray into power LEDs have been lackluster. I'm always testing parts, but it's highly unlikely that I will use a part by them unless they have changed significantly from the previous stuff I've seen.

The LEDs I use depend on what the intended application is; until those projects are in existence, I couldn't say what it is will be used! :grin2:

-Enrique

Not particularly impressed with Nichia these days huh? Well I can say based off of the info on their new NCSW136TE, it does at least look interesting...especially if it does indeed do 200-220 lumens @ 550mA.

Well hopefully you'll have some projects that will maybe use something like a Seoul SSCPx emitter, Osram xDragon or Luxeon K2 TFFC sometime in the near future if not something from Cree.