• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CLOSED>>>> - UPDATE Electroless Nickel Mini-Mag,

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Sell - Electroless Nickel Mini-Mag, CLOSING October 30

:paypal: ... for #2 in your first post. :)

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a favor to ask - When you send in paypal, please put your CPF user name. Also - what you are paying for . I can do a lot of custom work, grooves, cutdowns and the like. Most of these discussions take place with PMs. It would make my life so much easier to have all the information in one place - paypal has the address already.

thank you in advance.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I plan on sending the maglites to the plater Tuesday morning, October 31. His turnaround time is generally 3 days. I do not plan on sending any more after this batch.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I finished the machine work on these. they have not been stripped of the anodize yet. Please make sure what I did is what you want.

If you are not listed here - I have not received paypal from you

thanks
will

grooves.jpg

added 10/31

last.jpg

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

myk said:
Will, what kind of cutdown did you do on Nebula's?

that is a 14670 mini-mag, not a MagLED

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had hoped to get these out early this week, I am waiting on a few more lights that I had to order. most likely go out Friday to the plater.

I removed the anodize from the ones I have finished already. I will put a brushed finish on these. That most closely matches the heads from H22A.

I can polish these to a mirror like finish using a buffing wheel and rouge. This will resemble a chrome finish but slightly darker. This is very labor intensive and I would have to ask for an increase in the cost.

sizzlechest

Enlightened

Can I still get in on a # 2 ?

Otherwise count me in on next run.

Thanks-

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

pm sent

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: CLOSED>>>> - Electroless Nickel Mini-Mag,

CLOSED>>>>

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: CLOSED>>>> - Electroless Nickel Mini-Mag,

Status;
I have done all the grooves, removed the anodize, and cleaned these up. they are ready for Electroless Nickel Plating. I am waiting on 2 more maglites which I should have Tuesday/Wednesday. Once I get them - they all get mailed.

ready.jpg

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
These were sent to the plater this afternoon - I will post when I receive them back.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
The plater should get them Friday, He generally has a 3 day turnaround for work. I might get them back a week from Friday, on the 17th. Once I have them all back and assembled I will get them in the mail to all of you.

I will test them all to make sure they work.

The MagLED lights - if you want them left as is, not assembled, let me know. The LED is easy for me to remove, the tailpiece is difficult to get apart.

myk

Enlightened
I'm fine with it coming all put back together - I've gotten pretty good at taking them apart lately (at least getting the LED out), and cannot foresee havign a need to take the tailcap apart

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made this up to remove the LED - the plastic piece shown is typically what happens when you use a small screwdriver. The tool doesn't do any damage.

The plastic in the tailpiece is like a fishhook, once it goes in, no way to get it out without doing some damage to the plastic.

tool.jpg

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATE - They were delivered to the plater this past Friday> He has a 3 day turnaround, so - they should be back here by the end of this week, or early next week. Once I get them back, I will assemble them all and make sure they work. Then mailed out ...