• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CLOSED WTS: Thrunite TN31vn (More came in)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Re: WTS: Thrunite TN31vn $160 Great Deal!

Damn that's impressive! I like the tint more too.

Any light the size of a TN31 that will out throw a POB 35watt HID spotlight you might as well let Katy bar the door because the show is over! LOL! That POB is one mean spotlight. It will light up any place in my neighborhood. The TN31 is a miniature POB that will even throw farther and weighs exactly 27oz with 3 18650's installed. Now that says a lot for your TN31VN and your great work that you do.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened

And for those guys that don't know how big or what a POB 35watt HID spotlight looks like I'll show you. Very few flashlights will touch this light for throw. I know Vinh makes at least one that will. That's why I tell you guys to snatch one of his TN31's if you haven't yet.

DSCN0286_zps9e7a6c3a.jpg

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened

I'll show you guys one more of my better throwers. This picture below I love looking at the detail everytime I see it. It's my 85watt HID flashlight that puts out around 290K or so. This was 300yds up the street. The Vinh TN31 I have will easily destroy it for throw. But it puts out a lot of lumens.

DSCF4778.jpg

donn_

Flashaholic

I'm sorely tempted to send him my TN31mb for an upgrade. It's a sub-par version from OSTS, clocking an official 377K. The reflector isn't properly oriented to the emitter, so the hotspot is over to one side of the corona. I corrected it with some copper foil shims, and got it to a little over 400K, but it's still off. I'm thinking Vinh could fix it up good.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I'm sorely tempted to send him my TN31mb for an upgrade. It's a sub-par version from OSTS, clocking an official 377K. The reflector isn't properly oriented to the emitter, so the hotspot is over to one side of the corona. I corrected it with some copper foil shims, and got it to a little over 400K, but it's still off. I'm thinking Vinh could fix it up good.

I still feel a XML2 with twice the lumen and more throw is the way to go in the Tn31.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Your neighbors never complaint? I already got compliant with a neighbor so I have to be extra careful where I shine my lights now.

I'll show you guys one more of my better throwers. This picture below I love looking at the detail everytime I see it. It's my 85watt HID flashlight that puts out around 290K or so. This was 300yds up the street. The Vinh TN31 I have will easily destroy it for throw. But it puts out a lot of lumens.

DSCF4778.jpg

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

easiest way to deal with complaining neighbors it to put all lights in strobe mode and pointed at their windows :p

Twambat

Newly Enlightened

Any light the size of a TN31 that will out throw a POB 35watt HID spotlight you might as well let Katy bar the door because the show is over! LOL! That POB is one mean spotlight. It will light up any place in my neighborhood. The TN31 is a miniature POB that will even throw farther and weighs exactly 27oz with 3 18650's installed. Now that says a lot for your TN31VN and your great work that you do.
This sounds like glowing praise indeed. I'm thinking Vinh has got this light pretty dialed in!!

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened

This sounds like glowing praise indeed. I'm thinking Vinh has got this light pretty dialed in!!

You got that right. My other lights are like toys in comparing them in throw against the TN31VN or K40VN.

Twambat

Newly Enlightened

Vinh ... With the mods you make to a TN31, would it be more fragile to a bit of rough handling, or a little more heavy duty. Not that I would want it to drop or anything, but sometimes life happens. Thanks.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vinh ... With the mods you make to a TN31, would it be more fragile to a bit of rough handling, or a little more heavy duty. Not that I would want it to drop or anything, but sometimes life happens. Thanks.

I think tougher as I touch up whatever I think looks poor. I will always be here for technical support.

Twambat

Newly Enlightened

I'll take the last one Vinh if it's still available.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Anyone here interested in a XML2 4500K Dedome for a even more pleasant neutral tint? Free of charge. Must let me know early :)

Mike Sloan

Enlightened

Anyone here interested in a XML2 4500K Dedome for a even more pleasant neutral tint? Free of charge. Must let me know early :)

the tint on my K40VN is perfect! Is 4500k even warmer? What is the normal temp for the TN31vn?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

the tint on my K40VN is perfect! Is 4500k even warmer? What is the normal temp for the TN31vn?

Original 6500K Dedome to about 5000K.

Proposed as an option 4500K Dedome to 4000K

All subjective to my eyes.

I have both tint in my collection as I like both

buzzman003

Newly Enlightened

Please put me on a list for a thrower! How can I pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts