• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CLOSED WTS: X10vn The Backup Thrower 1600-1800 Lumen MUST HAVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

1SICKLT1TA

Newly Enlightened
Re: The Backup Thrower

maybe you could just reveal what light it is now, then give your upgraded specs, price, beam shots ect later before you release it for sale. (prob wont happen but i can wish, this way we wont be in a nervous jerk till the release)

BarryH

Enlightened

Go for it Vinh! Forward and ahead full speed in the ongoing quest for perfection!!!

tallboybass

Newly Enlightened

You gotta run at your own speed, and I think that's pretty fast for you! The creative process is a funny thing, if you try to change its natural pace, it tends to dry up. DO IT!! :)

Last edited:

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast

Release them whenever you can.

I just hope that you do re-releases on occasion, because unfortunately there is no way I can keep up with ordering new ones every time. Ordered 7? 8? lights from you this month. I'm tapping out for a bit. I do love compact throwers though.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

:) Thanks for all the feedback. I will plan accordingly.

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast

My thoughts are still the same; especially now that you have a list of throwers you want to release. I want to know all of them so I can pick which ones to get, and budget for them. This one sounds like I should get this instead of the G25C2vn, but I won't know until I get some info on this one.

foxxkat

Newly Enlightened

but I won't know until I get some info on this one.

i think alot in same boat as you, me included. i'm definitely interested if it doesnt shutdown/stepdown after 2min :D

jackjoneslab

Newly Enlightened
I'm interested. I'm looking for something in between my tn31vn and a tx25c2vn

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

There will be two version of this light. One version pushing 1800 LED Lumen While another 1500-1600 Lumen.

stevenkelby

Enlightened

I might be interested in the 1800 if it doesn't lose moonlight? I'm sure it's not possible to see a difference between 1500 and 1800 but we always want the max :)

I don't normally reply to threads like this though without more details, I want more info before commenting and I'm sure many people feel the same way.

If plans fall through we understand, but would love to know what you have planned :)

TEEJ

Flashaholic

I might be interested in the 1800 if it doesn't lose moonlight? I'm sure it's not possible to see a difference between 1500 and 1800 but we always want the max :)

I don't normally reply to threads like this though without more details, I want more info before commenting and I'm sure many people feel the same way.

If plans fall through we understand, but would love to know what you have planned :)

Typically, moonlight mode on a thrower is not that useful, as the beam is typically very concentrated to make it throw....esp on a small light.

So I have a moonlight on the DeftX and TN31's for example, and it dutifully puts a teeny circle of dim light on the ground...but, as a low light modes are normally used for close up sight lines and navigation of immediate area, a teeny dot of light is not as useful as a flood pattern.

Wanting all lights do be able to do all things tends to cause compromises so it does all things less well.

If you want a moonlight mode light, a small light is fine because the cells can be small too, etc, and the lens can be small to allow more flood, and so forth...but the compromises to make that light also throw well mean all those things get larger, and the reflector is shaped to focus a smaller spot far away, instead of a wider spot close up, etc. So, if the light can't also do moonlight (Who knows at this point though...well, Vinh, but other than him...), I wouldn't consider it a deal killer any more than I'd want my desert toppings to also work as a floor wax.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.