Convert Cyclops 15mill cp to HID

lv6l

Newly Enlightened
ok guys i was just about to leave to wal mart when i notice it was slightly raining so i grab the cyclops HID and took some pictures of it on for you guys. enjoy.

DSCN0318.jpg

DSCN0322.jpg

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats lv6l.. :clap:

You have done it all by yourself !!

Your wiring is OK.. You can isolate or or cut the loose red wire, so it won't harm things

And please isolate the connectors between the wires! You don't want them to touch eachother!

The flicker can have many reasons: Electronics-problem, Ballast-bulb match.. So I cannot directly solve that problem for you..

Furthermore: The ballast has an input-range quite wide, letting it shutt-off by itself is not a wise thing to do when you want to keep the battery in good health! SLA-batteries don't like deep-discharge !

And, like I said earlier: Charge the battery after every use, no matter how short!!

Very nice beamshots,,:duck: Welcome in the world of the proud owners of a light-monster !!

Regards,

Ra.

Last edited:

lv6l

Newly Enlightened
hehe. i did wrap the two connectors with electrical tape prior to putting everything back. the ballast and bulb i been using for over a yaer on a car and it never flicker. i think its somthing in the cyclop's unit itself that is causing a wierd flicker once in a while.

so running the light is fine but if it ever died out due to low battery is not a good thing for my battery right?

from an estimate how long do you think the battery would last on my set up? so i can avoid the self battery shut off. and i do charge the battery after every use, but the booklet it came with told me to never leave the charger in longer than 15 hours. or after the blinking light has come on. is this true? can i constantly leave the charger in the spotlight for a long time or should i charge it until the light blinks and take it out and put it in storage.

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like I said earlier, its best to charge the battery directly with a constant-voltage charger: The internal charge-electronics may provide a voltage that is too high (>14.2 volts..) Constant-voltage chargers provide a safe 13.6-13.8 volts at max 1 Amp. And you don't have to dissconnect them when the batt is fully charged.

With a battery that is in perfect condition, you should get runtimes of at least 1.5 hours !

If you have the skills: mount some sort of battery-check, so you can see when the discharge of the battery hits the dangerzone !

I have eight beautifull led's that immidiately show the battery-condition when I ignite the lamp !

Regards,

Ra.

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a quite dificult thing to do..

The electronics I used came from a local store..

But maybe you can try a car-dealer or repair-shop: They should have car-battery-check electronics for 12volt lead-batteries, same thing..

Regards,

Ra.

lv6l

Newly Enlightened
oh i see. i guess its ok. i'll just keep it charge and remove it when its full. in the mean time is it ok to keep the spot light in storage for about 4 months with little to no used?

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
If its possible, you should charge the unit every 2 months or so..
4 months without a charge can cause sulphates to form. If you do this often the sulphates will add up and definitely cause a loss of capacity !

This is why a constant-voltage charger is recomended: It can be hooked up for the entire storage-time !!

I've kept SLA-batteries in very good condition for at least 7 years this way !

Regards,

Ra.