Convoy C8

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even if someone just wanted to try out a compact thrower, this would be a prime choice with the XP-L Hi in a daylight tint or another color temperature of your choice.

Or, if you want full programmability with more modes than an Oveready, full potting, temperature regulation, and some other options (including a forward clicky switch), you could choose a custom maker like PFlexPRO to make a very useful tool. This gets the price close to Eagtac and others but you are getting a serious torch in a very appealing package.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Even if someone just wanted to try out a compact thrower, this would be a prime choice with the XP-L Hi in a daylight tint or another color temperature of your choice.

Or, if you want full programmability with more modes than an Oveready, full potting, temperature regulation, and some other options (including a forward clicky switch), you could choose a custom maker like PFlexPRO to make a very useful tool. This gets the price close to Eagtac and others but you are getting a serious torch in a very appealing package.

The PFlex Pro lights have really got my interest for sure, trying to keep my wallet in my pocket but it's getting tough. Liking the Convoy S2+ host.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
I ordered a stock Convoy S2+ from Fastech just to see if I like the host...the choices of emitters is almost overwhelming. I had to do a lot of learning about emitter "codes" before I chose one but all for the good! Know more than I did before! I think it was about $16.00 shipped. Seems too low for any quality but I'll find out.

Last edited:

Thom2022

Enlightened
You will be pleasantly surprised by the S2+. I have one that I built as a triple nichia. It's wonderful.

Connor

Enlightened
Got a C8 a couple of weeks ago. My verdict: you get an awesome amount of flashlight for under 20 bucks.
Very nicely machined. No obvious flaws.

convoy_c8.png

JayHawk

Newly Enlightened
I could use another compact thrower so I'm going to order one of these from Simon in NW today. Can I expect to be able to light up a German Shepherd sized dog out to 100 meters or so?

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could use another compact thrower so I'm going to order one of these from Simon in NW today. Can I expect to be able to light up a German Shepherd sized dog out to 100 meters or so?
Should be no probs. Go for the XP-L HI version.

Odinwulf

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to the forum, and I recently purchased one of these at a local gunshow. I have no idea which one I got and not sure about the UI either. It seems to be decent quality for under $20. I can't seem to get it to strobe and seems to be no last memory function. Any help would be apreciated already looking to buy my next one.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
https://i.imgur.com/BUqtnaL.jpg
The Convoy Family with all three C-8's, (have added the L-2 & Tiny XP-E-2), with Tan & Silver S2+'s on the way. Have 18350 body's to make them smaller if desired. Can't beat $1.45 for electric switches to add after purchase.
Odinwolf, can you post a picture of the led, and how many modes does your light have?