Costco energizer rechargeable

busseguy

Enlightened
Does anyone think that with Costco not carrying the Energizer Eneloop kits anymore that they will be bringing back the Panasonic Eneloop kits?

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone think that with Costco not carrying the Energizer Eneloop kits anymore that they will be bringing back the Panasonic Eneloop kits?

Costco Canada still sells the Eneloop batteries and kits on-line. So, they don't seem to have given up on them yet, at least not in some places.

busseguy

Enlightened
Well I just bought 2 packs from my Costco here. I don't know why they said they didn't have any when I called awhile ago.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
No such luck here in Miami and I live across a lake from my local Costco and was in there 10 days back.

No bother, as genuine Eneloops are easy enough for me to source.

Chris

busseguy

Enlightened
I haven't even opened these yet but am contemplating returning them. I've been seeing a bunch of negative reviews on these batteries.

Anyone here have any trouble with them?

Climb14er

Enlightened
I bought sixty of the Costco Energizer Lithiums, non rechargeable, twenty year shelf life, for thirty bucks. This was a great price! I use these in devices that need a slow discharge, that do not leak, in headlamps, GPS, used outside and on the high peaks in the winter. Solid AA batteries!

prof student

Enlightened
I bought sixty of the Costco Energizer Lithiums, non rechargeable, twenty year shelf life, for thirty bucks. This was a great price! I use these in devices that need a slow discharge, that do not leak, in headlamps, GPS, used outside and on the high peaks in the winter. Solid AA batteries!

When was this???

Climb14er

Enlightened
^^^
Four or five months ago or so. Losing track of time during this CV. Bought two-twenty packs, then bought a third a few days later. Too good a deal to pass up.

busseguy

Enlightened
Is anyone else having issues with the outer wrapping starting to peel off? I just went to change batteries in my headlamp and noticed the wrapping was peeling on a couple of them. Never had that happen on my eneloops. Must be a bad batch of glue.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not yet. Been using the first set for many months in kids toys.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up an Energizer Recharge kit (6xAA + 4xAA + four-bay charger) from Costco. Cell wraps all indicate Made in Japan. May pick up another kit being that it is currently on sale for $19.99...

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up an Energizer Recharge kit (6xAA + 4xAA + four-bay charger) from Costco. Cell wraps all indicate Made in Japan. May pick up another kit being that it is currently on sale for $19.99...
Picked up a second kit. Same as the first (both packages dated 2020). Cells are made in Japan.

S1AR06y.jpg

Kxo0JH8.jpg

KWagle

Newly Enlightened
I use these in devices that need a slow discharge, that do not leak, in headlamps, GPS, used outside and on the high peaks in the winter.

How well does the brightness hold up in headlamps? It's really annoying to have get slowly dimmer and then have to decide to switch them out and lose the remaining use of the battery, instead of just recharging to full brightness.

KWagle

Newly Enlightened
I use these in devices that need a slow discharge, that do not leak, in headlamps, GPS, used outside and on the high peaks in the winter.

How well does the brightness hold up in headlamps? It's really annoying to have get slowly dimmer and then have to decide to switch them out and lose the remaining use of the battery, instead of just recharging to full brightness.

KWagle

Newly Enlightened
Picked up a second kit. Same as the first (both packages dated 2020). Cells are made in Japan.

I'm pretty sure I have seen those for a few months at the Indianapolis Costcos, but the app only shows Duracells (made in China), which I haven't seen in a while. Do they still come with the C and D spacers?

And do you know if the charger will charge all four cells independently? I'm not sure my mom is clueful enough to figure out how to charge three batteries if she ever needs to. (I try to avoid buying things that require three batteries, if I can.)

Last edited:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do they still come with the C and D spacers? And do you know if the charger will charge all four cells independently?
7 posts in 11 years...Nice :) ! No and no idea. I recharge NiMH on a SkyRC MC3000. I would venture to guess that the answer is yes, that the charger is not merely a time-based charger, but I do not know for certain. What I can be certain of is that it is a slow and safe charger meant for anyone to use.

Scotty321

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty sure I have seen those for a few months at the Indianapolis Costcos, but the app only shows Duracells (made in China), which I haven't seen in a while. Do they still come with the C and D spacers?

And do you know if the charger will charge all four cells independently? I'm not sure my mom is clueful enough to figure out how to charge three batteries if she ever needs to. (I try to avoid buying things that require three batteries, if I can.)

I bought some NiMH Energizers recently locally. IIRC, I bought the AA's with the "more expensive" Energizer 4x AA/AAA charger. I've been using them for an occasional worklight and for an undercabinet light. The charger requires charging pairs of batteries at a time. I don't know if this is the one that is being sold at Costco.

Recently, I received a Nitecore smartcharger (UMS4). When I charged the Energizers for the under cabinet light (3xAAA) in the UMS4 one battery was severely drained and the other two were just low. I would previously charge 4, so I would cycle the extra one in and one out everytime I charged the batteries (since I couldn't charge just one battery, or three) on the Energizer charger. I have a feeling that the Energizer charger isn't the best choice for charging although it might be how the light discharges the batteries... I don't know. However, I will be using the Nitecore charger from now on.

Latest posts