could my sofirn if25a be more efficient then the zebra 21700 powered lights?

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unlikely.
  • Sofirn IF25A uses quad emitters. Zebralight SC700 uses the XHP 70.2, a quad-die emitter. Efficiency gain from using extra emitters in the IF25A is probably canceled out by the Zebralight's choice of quad-die emitter.
  • Zebralights are known for their extremely efficient current-controlled boost drivers. I'm not sure what driver the IF25A has, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is a much less efficient linear driver, possibly with PWM control at least for some modes.
  • Zebralights have the best thermal heatsink design of any comparable-size flashlight in their class. The unibody construction is more efficient than the IF25A's separate head.
For these reasons, I think the Zebra is probably more efficient than the IF25A. However, the only way to truly be sure is to test them both using the same test setup.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ive looked a t data on the review sights for the zebra 21700. and then i measured my lux and lumens and the sofirn comes up on top perhaps 20 percent or so. but my mind is dead today doing the research so dont ask me the details lol