CPF Meet 2012 UK

ruskythegreat

Newly Enlightened
I'm stuck with a 3 1/2 year old & 7 1/2 year old. If I turn up it may end up more like a creche! Although both boys will enjoy being in the dark with torches.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
What hidden gem are you bringing. There was the killer headlamp, followed by the Skyray King.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm working Sat now, so won't be coming along.

Have a great time and please take some photos!

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gawd! I forgot, Mark, how did it go? Is it too late to donate (Just giving page?). I was cycling myself last weekend - very hot indeed! My ride will be cooler but hopefully still dry.

Back on topic, I wonder if you guys should try and do the maze with fauxton keyring lites on the way in, and Skyray Kings on the way out!!!!

If I were coming, I would have done it in marine navigation colours - Port turns in red, Starboard in green.

Shame no one has night vision goggles and an IR throwey light!!!! (Solscud where are you when we need you!)

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gawd! I forgot, Mark, how did it go? Is it too late to donate (Just giving page?). I was cycling myself last weekend - very hot indeed! My ride will be cooler but hopefully still dry.

Back on topic, I wonder if you guys should try and do the maze with fauxton keyring lites on the way in, and Skyray Kings on the way out!!!!

If I were coming, I would have done it in marine navigation colours - Port turns in red, Starboard in green.

Shame no one has night vision goggles and an IR throwey light!!!! (Solscud where are you when we need you!)

I have night vision goggles, but no IR throwey lights. They are gen 2+. 3rd generation are for military only :(

How about an Indian?

Tarana (Indian restaurant)
Selsfield Road
Turners Hill
Crawley
West Sussex
RH10 4PP

I tried looking for pubs, but couldn't find a good one. I am open to suggestions.

Last edited:

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be there but probably won't be able to get there before 6. Not sure about an Indian as it woldn't work too well if people turn up different times. When we planning on getting there ? Me, around 6.

Alternatly, I called the farm and asked them to recommend a good nearby pub for food and they suggested the place below.

http://www.thecrownturnershill.co.uk/Menu.html

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will see you at the The Crown at Turners Hill at 6pm

The Crown at Turners Hill
East Street
Turners Hill
West Sussex
RH10 4PT

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
A great night out guys, highly educational and pulling was easy :)

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I'm definitely intrigued...

I remember, BLUE LED, a time when you were the quiet one.

Glad you had a good time, any piccies, cornfields set ablaze by lumens etc?

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for the delay, been really busy. Today I was rock climbing, shooting, off road Segway riding, doing archery and bomb disposal, etc... ( Company jolly. )
We didn't take too many pics. Too busy replying to the " My friend fancies you." that was being shouted out to us by the group of young girls. Take 20 years off me and I'd have been in there !!! In my day you had to take a girl out to the cinema and possibly a meal before you got anywhere. Turns out that these days all you need is an Illoom Balloon.

Anyway, here are some pics.

Here is the Skyray at work.

And a quick bit of duck racing after the maze.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
The day started off at a nice pub called the Crown which is near the maze, where we proceeded to sit out in the garden for a drink or two. It was still very bright and sunny, but that did not stop us from the unveiling ceremony. Torches was placed on the table and the banter began. To our surprise the Skyray King and Thrunite TN31 still looked very impressive in the sunshine.

We entered the dining area of and ordered hamburgers with cheese and bacon. It came with chips and salad, but we ordered an extra two fried eggs to go with it. I am very fussy when it comes to burgers and find it incredibly difficult to find good burgers. I have tried Gourmet and Byron burgers, but they are very average. These however was spectacular J juicy and delicious. I am guessing, but it was probably made from an 85 to 15% ratio. I very tasty combination for burgers. I went to the toilet, as a chap was heading out and was physically beaten back by the stench. Upon entering the toilet I soon discovered hundreds of dead flies with white flags still grasped. Ok it wasn't that bad and there weren't any dead flies, but I did mention to someone else that I would leave it for half an hour if I was you :sick2:

The light discussions ensued and dinner was lovely. The dark soon fell upon us and it was time to visit the Maze at night. With lights at the ready, we braved the 8 acre maze only to find that some of the maze walls were a little short. It varied between 3 to 12 feet high. There was quite a bit more to the farm than just the maze, however we arrived too late for the pig racing, go-karts and mini maze. We did do a little rubber duck racing afterwards. As we entered the maze, everyone turned on their torches, including a guy with a big incan and a lead acid battery strapped to he's waist. He turned it on and a huge smile lit he's face up. Jay and I couldn't have that so the Skyray King and TN31 was put to the test and it passed with flying colours. In a normal maze at night he's set-up would be almost perfect. However there were lots of wide open spaces where you could test the throw of your lights from one end the other :thumbsup:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have just noticed this.

Hallowe'en Night - Torchlight Tour with Dinner

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.php?/events/details/halloween-night-torchlight-tour/
Brooklands Museum
Brooklands Road
Weybridge
Surrey
KT13 0QN

Come and see the darker side of Brooklands Museum on this Hallowe'en Night Torchlight Tour as our expert guide leads you through the Motoring Village, Wellington Hangar up the Test Hill and onto the Members' Banking.

• Dare you venture into the tunnels under the race track
• Listen to the tales of those who are said to still haunt the site
• Bring a torch, warm clothing and someone to hold your hand for a Night at the Museum you won't forget…

Please arrive between 6 - 6.30pm at the front gate where our ghoulish Guide will meet you
Tickets for this Hallowe'en Special must be booked in advance using the contact details below and include a 2 course meal, with tea or coffee. If you wish, a small bottle of wine may be purchased for an extra £3.95.
Adults and Seniors are £25, Children (12 - 16 yrs) £10.
Dinner is at 6:30pm. Tours commence at 8pm and finish approx 10pm
Please bring your own torch and wear sensible shoes and warm clothing.

Contact: Brooklands Museum [email protected] 01932 857 381 ext 253

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the look of that, but unfortunately on a Wednesday there is no way I can get there for 18:30 without taking a holiday day (which I have none left). The other dates only have the tours starting at 20:00 so might be possible.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Future Torchlight Tour dates (without the dinner) are as follows:
Tuesday 6th November
Tuesday 4th December
Tuesday 8th January (2013)
Tuesday 5th February (2013)

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in for any of them. Though I must say that the dinner looks a bit more interesting as with the meal it lasts from 6.30 - 10 and without the meal 6.30 - 8.

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in for any of them. Though I must say that the dinner looks a bit more interesting as with the meal it lasts from 6.30 - 10 and without the meal 6.30 - 8.

I too think the meal in conjunction with Halloween would be a nice one. Wednesday 31st October 2012.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
On re-reading the event detail, it doesn't seem to specify the start time of the non-dinner version. I just assumed it would be the same as the tour on the dinner version starting at 8pm and going on to 10pm. If it does start at 18:30, then they are all out for me.

Unfortunate, and the dinner version is what makes this really appeal :-(

Latest posts