CREE +FLYING BOAT+DARKNESS=COPS

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are cool way more impressive than air hogs.For xmas I got a 4ch helicopter ,its awsome,but I wouldnt mind trying one of those!

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, it has enough power to fly with the fenix on it? Cool. I love it!
Surprised cops even showed up. I love making people freak out and think they are being "visited" :D That's why I love my Cyan mag so much lol

x2x3x2

Banned
Yea i saw thsoe Air Hogs Storm Launchers on eBay, they were going for pretty cheap about $25-$40 brand new.
Even tho they have TWO propellers, it's probably to give kids the impression that it's more powerfull when in fact it's not :p
A review i found on google shows that the Storm Launcher doesn't have enough thrust to even maintain it's own weight in the air. U get what u pay for ;) perhaps those in the $250+ range are the ones in the video.

So FASTCAR, what brand of Hydrofoam is that? Or where can we get the parts which have as much power as thsoe in the video? Just some keywords/brands to help me get started and i'll search it out :) thanks.

Last edited:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, thats waay cool. I would probably break it within minutes though.

myk

Enlightened
the storm launcher does in fact have enough oomph to get up in the air and keep going - especially when you remove some of the extra plastic parts - like the guard in front of the prop blades

deuscoup

Newly Enlightened
Wow, thats waay cool. I would probably break it within minutes though.

Yep, me too. Sure looks like fun. My son needs one. When he's old enough to use it dad will be over it's alluring Medusa stare (he's 6 months, plenty of time.)

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome! I didn't even know such a thing existed. Gotta have one! And just to keep my post LED related- I'll mount one of my LED flashlights on it.

farscape105

Newly Enlightened
The RC world of helis and planes can be just as addictive and wallet draining as flashlights. Especially helis and when you start modifying and upgrading......and unfortunately I got into lights and RC at roughly same time...ouch!

betalight

Newly Enlightened
Off topic......

The "Storm Launcher" is a low quality mass production knock off of the Hydroflyer, don't buy it to spook the neighbors. If you want to be blown away by modern RC flight watch this:
http://tinyurl.com/3bj88v
and this:
http://tinyurl.com/2mqobr

Man do I want to mount some wicked green lasers on the skids if that helo and fly at night!