crelant 7g5 V2 Arrives, pictures

Streak

Enlightened
Waiting for darkness to take it for a spin!
Want to see how it compares to my Klarus XT20.

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

Streak

Enlightened
Just did a brief test outside.
All I can say is that the light is awesome!!

I puts out an amazing beam with unbelievable throw for a reflector based light.
As expected it totally overshadows the XT20 which is not really supposed to be a thrower but up until now it has been my wow factor light.
I have lots of canyons around me so will get out soon and do some proper tests while looking for coyotes, deer etc.

MRTdiver

Newly Enlightened
How do you like the user interface (UI)? Do you have to go through the strobe mode?

I wonder about a direct comparison with another good thrower, the Olight M3X Triton. Can anyone share their experience regarding their beams and throw?

Streak

Enlightened
The UI is not great as you would have to toggle through the different modes should you need one of them.
However you would typically use a light like this in 100% mode and the light has mode memory. So as long as you turn off the light in 100% mode it will still be there then next time you turn it on.

I just went out to the park across the road. I stood in the baseball diamond where the batter stands and shone the light across to the backstop netting of the diamond the other side of the park which it lit up perfectly and then went beyond that to one of the houses up on the ridge which again it lit up perfectly.

I am truly amazed. I can only imagine what something like the Dereelight DBS V3 aspherical will do!

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am truly amazed. I can only imagine what something like the Dereelight DBV V3 aspherical will do!

The Dereelight DBS V3 Aspheric 1.5A XR-E R2 EZ900 has a lux of about 90k+, which is effectively almost double that of the Crelant. :)

But among the non-aspherics, you hold in your hand one of the best throwers out there.

I can't wait to receive mine. :)

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too am waiting for mine to arrive. Hank assures me that it will throw better the 7G5 version 1. I will be sure to test them both.

The aspheric DBS EZ900 R2 still makes me smile.

Looks really nice - I might have to get one of these.

I have also been considering an aspheric for my TrustFire X6 but the one DX sells is about 1.00mm too large to fit in the X6.

BullsEyeLantern

Newly Enlightened
Nice light. I got the V1 of this light, and V2 is definitely sexier. I wonder how it throws in comparison.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sure Blue Led will do a nice comparison for us once he gets his V2. I would also like to see it along side the DBS V3.

Bro, i have a question, is the output the same when using several CR123's w/o the extension tube compared to using the extension tube and 2 18650's?

Thanks! Still waiting on my order from Hank... sigh...

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too am waiting for mine to arrive. Hank assures me that it will throw better the 7G5 version 1. I will be sure to test them both.

The aspheric DBS EZ900 R2 still makes me smile.

I finally received my Crelant 7G5 V2. I prefer the styling over the original, but I am a little disappointed with the throw. Maybe I received a bad one? Hank assured me that would throw further than the original, which is I purchased version 2.

Crelant 7G5, 2x18650 AW 3100mAh 55,000 lux
Crelant 7G5 V2, 2x18650 AW 3100mAh 44,500 lux

I tried using different AW and Redilast 18650 cells. Both lights lux increased a little when using 4xCR123A cells, due to higher output.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like you got a bad one bro, might as well e-mail Hank about it.

Now, im starting to worry about mine. With nothing else to compare it with, how will i know if it's not punching out equal to or better than the old 7G5 which cant be ordered anywhere anymore. (sigh)

I still have to receive mine. Gee... taking so long... if it swam from HK to here, it would have been here weeks ago! haha...

Is a lux meter cheap? Awww.... this is the 2nd output issue after bro ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS problem with the 1st 7G5.

But Hank's a cool guy and easy to talk to (at least through e-mail hehe) I'll bet he'll get problems like this sorted out easily! :)

Last edited:

Enlightened

Now, im starting to worry about mine. With nothing else to compare it with, how will i know if it's not punching out equal to or better than the old 7G5 which cant be ordered anywhere anymore. (sigh)

I still have to receive mine. Gee... taking so long... if it swam from HK to here, it would have been here weeks ago! haha...

Is a lux meter cheap? Awww.... this is the 2nd output issue after bro ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS problem with the 1st 7G5.

But Hank's a cool guy and easy to talk to (at least through e-mail hehe) I'll bet he'll get problems like this sorted out easily! :)

Yeah, i was the first to notice ILF's 1st 7G5 "issue", and that is solely from the beamshots. It takes to be about 20% to really confirm that something is "off" though....

Get a lux meter, about 25 bucks shipped. Not too bad... and it's quite fun. Can do ceiling bounce readings as well for OTF lumens. (includ lens loss, etc)

Enlightened

Yeah, i was the first to notice ILF's 1st 7G5 "issue", and that is solely from the beamshots. It takes to be about 20% to really confirm that something is "off" though....

Get a lux meter, about 25 bucks shipped. Not too bad... and it's quite fun. Can do ceiling bounce readings as well for OTF lumens. (includ lens loss, etc)

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Tenmars & Testo 545 light meter. Surprisingly they measure within a 1,200 lux range of each other.

Also I have sent Hank an email.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast

where did you get that lux meter? i wanna order that too!