• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired custom mini-mag tailcaps - nickel, Closed 05-12-2007

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
got the tailcaps back from the plater today - Wednesday. I have some clean up polishing, then packing and shipping. they should be in the mail tomorrow - Thursday.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Out for delivery - let me know when you receive them .

quick note on polishing - I used a silver polish and a soft cloth to clean them up. The brushed finish is fixed in the aluminum prior to nickel plate, Polishing them will make them brighter, but not a mirror finsh.

enjoy....

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine arrived and they are absolutely beautiful and they look awesome on the Mag. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks,
Tanasit

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Will,
I'm having all kinds of problems with this site still but wanted to tell you I received the tailcap. It truly is a work of art! Mine is a brushed finish but I'll tell you, it's close to high polish. It's just simply gorgeous! Nice work my friend.

Hey Freddy,
I hope you've received yours by now as you ordered the same brushed fatty as I did. You're going to like it a lot!

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a difference in the finish between polished and brushed. It it determined by the underlying finish on the aluminum. Brushed just gets a scotch brite rubbing, that leaves very fine scratches. Polished gets up to 1200 wet or dry sandpaper, then buffed on a wheel with jewelers rouge. That removes all the scratches.

enjoy...