Custom SF question. (First post, eek!)

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
In thinking about it, changing batteries mid-race is really not an option. Perhaps I should be looking at something I can put an 18650 in?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Regarding the Malkoff M61 for your endeavors, I would suggest using a 17670 Li-Ion instead of two CR123's. You will find that the low level is really low using the LI-Ion because the low mode works off of the available input voltage of the Li-Ion, which is lower than the 6+volts the CR123's provide. You could talk to Gene Malkoff and see if he can come up with something for you.

Bill

nbp

Flashaholic
This sounds like a great option. I've of course seen the Nailbender name tossed around as well, but where would I go to look at the drop in options?

You can look at what NB is offering in this thread.

I have his regulated 3 mode sst50 module running on a 17670 very nicely. If you want more capacity you can go with an 18650 but you'll need a bored host such as what is offered here by Electron Guru or in his sale threads. You can get McClickies there too to replace the guts from a twisty tailcap such as on a a 6P or C2. As you can see, tons of options depending on what you're looking for. :)

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
In thinking about it, changing batteries mid-race is really not an option. Perhaps I should be looking at something I can put an 18650 in?

If changing batteries isn't really an option, then I would definitely 2nd the E2L recommendation. Check out some of the runtime graphs on it and you'll see why. :welcome:BTW!