D10 clip screws?

MYREDCHEVY

Newly Enlightened
I wasn't sure where to post this so if it needs to be moved, please do.
I purchased the clip from 4sevens. I see where many of you said it was difficult to install. I thought it wouldn't be a problem because I'm good with little projects like that, or so I thought. 3 out of the 4 decided they didn't want to hold under the tension and "take flight into the unknown". So I'm here to ask if any of you successful guys (of gals) that might have extras, if you would like to give them up so I can try again. The clip don't look right being held on by rubber bands and some electrical tape.
Thanks!

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tweaked my NEX10 clip before installing it. Just gave it more of a bend. I'm sure the fine people at 4sevens would fix you up...give them a call/email.

MYREDCHEVY

Newly Enlightened
I tweaked the clip some, but not enough.
Emailed the fine folks over there, no help on this one. Thats why I turned to the nice people here. I know some on will help.

MYREDCHEVY

Newly Enlightened
I tweaked the clip some, but not enough.
Emailed the fine folks over there, no help on this one. Thats why I turned to the nice people here. I know someone will help.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Does it matter? Take the backplate to the hardware store and find one that fits.

It's probably metric, so start there.

jgraham15

Enlightened
I'm sure the fine people at 4sevens would fix you up...give them a call/email.

Emailed the fine folks over there, no help on this one. Thats why I turned to the nice people here. I know some on will help.

I can't believe that 4Sevens wouldn't just send you a couple extra screws!?!?!? :thinking:

What was their reply to your email???????

The customer service I have received from 4Sevens has been OUTSTANDING!!!!!! :twothumbs

MYREDCHEVY

Newly Enlightened
Mclux, thanks.
jgrahm15, this is my first dealings with them so I have to go with what you say. As for the clip I'm really not pleased with the design. The fit is marginal at best, the holes on the clip its self aren't even finished correctly. Problem is I don't have much of a choice here as when I was purchasing the light, a clip was one of the requirements.
Oh, and here is the reply I got from them. "I do not know what size those screws are. Unfortunately we do not have any spares here. You would need to purchase a clip kit to get more of them"
I will do business with them again, just got mixed feelings.

hatman

Enlightened
Hi MYREDCHEVY

I have a couple of them plus the tiny tool for installing them. PM me with your mailing address and I'll send them out pronto.

PhotonBoy,

Kudos to you for helping him.

That said, he should not have to depend upon the kindness of strangers -- getting the D10's clip on really is way too much of a chore for many people. Nitecore should do better, and I am surprised if 4Sevens didn't do more than the poster suggests.

Many owners have reported problems with this clip. I had to ask a tekie colleague with a magnifier and the right tools for help, and even he found it something of a task.

Perhaps if buyers started asking dealers to install clips, the manufacturers would get the word about their products.

McLux

Newly Enlightened
I installed mine in a couple of minutes without extra tools, but I work a lot with tiny screws all the time.;)

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't see how 4sevens are accountable in any way at all. I wouldn't expect even the best customer service to cover items lost by the customer.

I also have a spare pair of the screws you can have, should you lose the next pair. ;)

Marduke

Flashaholic
I don't see how 4sevens are accountable in any way at all. I wouldn't expect even the best customer service to cover items lost by the customer.

I also have a spare pair of the screws you can have, should you lose the next pair. ;)

And considering they ship 4 to begin with....

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mclux, thanks.
jgrahm15, this is my first dealings with them so I have to go with what you say. As for the clip I'm really not pleased with the design. The fit is marginal at best, the holes on the clip its self aren't even finished correctly. Problem is I don't have much of a choice here as when I was purchasing the light, a clip was one of the requirements.
Oh, and here is the reply I got from them. "I do not know what size those screws are. Unfortunately we do not have any spares here. You would need to purchase a clip kit to get more of them"
I will do business with them again, just got mixed feelings.
I'll agree about mixed feelings about 4sevens. I'm sure I'll buy from them again, but my experience with them has ranged from leaving me very pleased to fairly annoyed.

MYREDCHEVY

Newly Enlightened
PhotonBoy, THANKS and PM sent.
Next install I'm going into the bathroom (less hiding places if they fly off). The 3 that took flight seemed to be seated, but when I was centering the clip they "took off". I've found that a few rubber bands hold the clip tight enough I should be able to get them in easier next try. The only thing I hold against 4sevens is they fact they should demand the company supplying the clips finish them properly (make the darn holes at least full circles). Also is it really that hard to find what size the screws are? Phone call maybe? Just got a blown off feeling. Local hardware store guy looked at it "boy that is small, no screws like that here". The tread gauge didn't even go close enough to measure.
Again thanks to everyone that posted up with spares, I may still contact you. If I find any of my 3 lost screws I'll offer them to the next poor person that goes through this.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
I just mailed them out about an hour ago. I hope they get there no problem. When I order stuff from 4Sevens via money order, it usually takes about 2 weeks, so they should arrive in about a week. Enjoy. Glad to help out.

I find the most important thing is just to get the first screw just started with about 1 turn only, leaving the pieces quite loose and sloppy. Then, you can work on getting the second screw started. Then, you can alternate between them, tightening up a bit at a time. Once finished, the result is quite good. I usually carry my D10 in my shirt pocket and I have no worries about losing it when I bend over to tie shoe laces, etc. The clip is quite 'grabby'.

hatman

Enlightened
The clip is quite 'grabby'.

In terms of grabbiness, the clip scores a solid "10." I love it.

On another thread, I'm asking whether the clip on the Surefire E1B is as good.

The ease of installation for the D10 clip is quite another matter!