D25A Mini - no longer changing modes

cbthedookie

Newly Enlightened
Super strange... I was reading through responses and so I thought I'd try the D25A again, as it was sitting empty in front of my keyboard. So I can (inconsistently) get it to change modes by turn it on, backing it very slightly to off, then pulling the head VERY quickly a few times. If I twist it very quickly, it occasionally will change modes, but often will go back to low when it should be going to another mode (e.g. l - m - back to low instead of high).

I'm not going to spend $20 and the nuisance to send it back to HK, so I guess it goes in the spare parts bin... FWIW, my D25LC2 works perfectly.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with How2...Send it back to the dealer. They should honor the warranty.
Why don't you just send it back to the seller and manufacturer? You guy pay too much for your lights. I bought a Jetbeam BA10 and BC10 for less than $26 each from a cheap HK, and if I get any problems they will pay for shipping. Every light I have bought from these seller work and the ones that do not work(1%) they payed for the return shipping.

The onus on shipping should be on the seller. Do not take any nonsense from the seller and make him pay for return shipping.

cbthedookie

Newly Enlightened
I agree with How2...Send it back to the dealer. They should honor the warranty.
I've had it for nearly 6 months, so I don't consider it a dealer issue. If it had died a week after I received it, I would view it differently...

What do you guys consider the "statute of limitations" for a problem to be resolved by the dealer - it can't be forever... To me, a month is about the line. But I'm interested in others perspectives - do you guys view this as something the dealer should take care of?

bluewater

Newly Enlightened
I don't think it's the dealers issue any more. Having said that, I'd be getting very testy with Eagle Tac, to have them pay for shipping back to them, or have them contact the dealer on your behalf. The warranty on a product in this price range is useless if you pay shipping. Clearly you already know this. We can't let retailers/manufacturers get away with this type of service without a bit of "push back".

I've had it for nearly 6 months, so I don't consider it a dealer issue. If it had died a week after I received it, I would view it differently...

What do you guys consider the "statute of limitations" for a problem to be resolved by the dealer - it can't be forever... To me, a month is about the line. But I'm interested in others perspectives - do you guys view this as something the dealer should take care of?

Latest posts