Dark Sucks: Research Poll- what do you want to see?

Burgess

Flashaholic
I truly *LOVE* my Beta (1xAAA) flashlights.
Output levels are Perfect for me !
:clap:
I'd REALLY love to have the same
"electronic guts" in an AA-cell version !

Same twisty interface.
And AA-cell ONLY,
no need for 14500 capability.

no need for QR capability.

:lovecpf:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
THIS, I'd love a Ti HDS clip.

They already have the Beta(AAA), Delta(18350) and Alpha(18650). Would be nice to see a 14500 light(single emitter similar to the QK16L but the size of a Tool 2.0) named Gama to round out the family.

Also would be nice to have a 18650 body for the Delta.

I truly *LOVE* my Beta (1xAAA) flashlights.
Output levels are Perfect for me !
:clap:
I'd REALLY love to have the same
"electronic guts" in an AA-cell version !

Same twisty interface.
And AA-cell ONLY,
no need for 14500 capability.

no need for QR capability.

:lovecpf:
Burgess and boo5ted,
I agree! We need a new Prometheus AA release.

A new release of the Ti HDS clip has not been feasible as of yet. It would require a run of possibly >~250 pieces to reach a break even mark in production accountivity. I will still ask Jason about the clip for You, and post back as a follow-up.

There maybe some who will oppose, but any new Prometheus AA light might not possibly include dual voltages. This is primarily due to AA sized driver's space limitations, and the need to use one of the few, present and currently available drivers which do not pass Prometheus's required requirements in designing a new flashlight.

One of the founding principles of Prometheus has been to get away from using disposable Alkaline cells within their lights designs and specifications. Prometheus lights are designed to run on more sustainable rechargeable cells. I will check with Jason, but I suspect that any new AA light's design and release, like the Beta AAA light, will require a AA NIMH or a AA Lithium Primary cell as it's required power source. The AA light's output might require more than the output of a standard alkaline AA, which could lead to outgassing that would ruin said light. Prometheus doesn't want part of releasing any light
Fingers crossed, I do not know much more, but I too am hoping with fingers crossed that we shall see a new Prometheus AA celled flashlight release coming soon.
GL

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Hello everyone,
It's time to start back up the Promethean benefits of small item GAW's.
What would You like as a Promethean?

I don't know what the price point for GAWs would be, but there are a lot of small items he has that are really cool and useful. Batteries, beads, Kappa QR, magnets, small kit of flashlight maintenance items. I think all of these are pretty neat and not super expensive.

ironhorse

Enlightened
The Quark QPA single AA is great. Takes anything from rechargeables to 14500's. Twist the head for max. Too bad it can't come back.

A single AA rotary like the Jetbeam RRT-01 would be great too.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know what the price point for GAWs would be, but there are a lot of small items he has that are really cool and useful. Batteries, beads, Kappa QR, magnets, small kit of flashlight maintenance items. I think all of these are pretty neat and not super expensive.
nbp,
It's in motion. We will be having our first, of many more, Promethean GAW's starting this May! The scheduled include your idea, plus some complete full lights as well.
The current plan is to do one of these monthly to give back to everyone who has helped and supported Jason over the past 10+ years :).
GL

Newguy2012

Enlightened
I might be the only one here but I would like to see an extended Delta Flashlight Case that could hold 1x 18350 battery.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might be the only one here but I would like to see an extended Delta Flashlight Case that could hold 1x 18350 battery.
An extended Delta body using one 18350 cell would require a spacer(dummy) cell.

I too would also like to see an extended Delta body. One that will hold a 18650 cell for extended runtimes. :)

Newguy2012

Enlightened
An extended Delta body would an good option too but, I'm talking about the 3d printed flashlight case to include a battery compartment.

boo5ted

Enlightened
An extended Delta body using one 18350 cell would require a spacer(dummy) cell.

I too would also like to see an extended Delta body. One that will hold a 18650 cell for extended runtimes. :)

They made the shorty body(18350) for the Alpha, extended body(18650) for the Delta would be nice.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
An extended Delta body would an good option too but, I'm talking about the 3d printed flashlight case to include a battery compartment.
I understand. An extended composite presentation case that includes room for an 18350 cell and the Delta flashlight.
Excellent suggestion!
GL